PDA

View Full Version : shower facilities Cowan-Tangalooma area ??

uripper
10-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Am planning a R&R overnighter with the little lady & wondering if there are any shower facilities available in this area please?
Thanks in advance - MalM

PADDLES
11-07-2008, 07:07 AM
other than the resort or the boat club area there's nothing there mate. quick dip will have to do. water's beautiful over there at the moment anyway, a little chilly but still good for a swim. go down where there's a bit more shallow banks and the water will be a bit warmer.

MTAQ/BTAQ
11-07-2008, 08:07 AM
You could join the Moreton Bay Boat Club (Scarborough) as a social member and have full use of their cabins/showers/BBQ/beach at Cowan.

Didley
11-07-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm 99% sure there are cold showers and toilets at the Tangalooma wrecks camping area.

reelchippy
11-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm 99% sure there are cold showers and toilets at the Tangalooma wrecks camping area.

Mate i dont think there are any at the wrecks when i was there 3-4 years ago cheers

Didley
11-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Mate i dont think there are any at the wrecks when i was there 3-4 years ago cheers

I had a shower there a year ago, so they are there or they have been removed ( and composting toilets)Cheers

PADDLES
11-07-2008, 09:50 AM
definitely knew about the dunnies, but i didn't know about the showers.

Didley
11-07-2008, 09:51 AM
There is also a camping area between Tang wrecks and Cowan that was done up that I haven't been into that I would think would have them. There was a lot of work done over there a few years ago.

Didley
11-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Blue Lagoon camping area
6km south of Cape Cliff on the east coast. Large number of undefined sites — good for groups. Close to ocean beach. Toilets, drinking water, showers.

Eagers Creek camping area
1km north of Middle Road exit on east coast. Toilets, drinking water, showers.

Ben-Ewa camping area
1km north of Tangalooma Wrecks on west coast. Toilets, drinking water, showers.

The Wrecks camping area
Next to Tangalooma Wrecks on west coast. Toilets, drinking water, showers, barbecues. Fires only in barbecues.

Comboyuro camping area
Behind foredunes, 400m north of Bulwer township on west coast. Handy to barge landing point and Bulwer shops. Toilets, drinking water, showers.

Beach camping
Permitted at sites along eastern and western beaches, only where site and vehicle access already exist or where signposted. No facilities. Large groups require portable toilets.