PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramp closed till 29/8

work2fish
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Went down to pinkenbar ramp(airport side of the river) today.
And shes closed under repair untill 29th august , lots of temp fencing
trucks and workers everywhere .I think mainly working on the site beside the ramp.

Does any one know whats going on
I didnt hear of it being closed mind i havent used the ramp for a while

Any info would be good

Thanks W2F

Nico.d.R
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
i went down today and had a look and it looks like the ramp is getting resurfaced its all dug up at the moment , i hope they put a pontoon in there . you can still launch there aparently well one bloke did , you just back the boat down the rock wall next to the ramp lol , check out the pics of where he went .

Nico.d.R
12-07-2008, 09:01 PM
here is what the ramp looks like
;D

check out the tyre marks in the gravel ;D

Oh Gee
12-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Personaly I can't see any problem there, I'd probibly do the same thing. Small boats and 4WDs come in handy sometimes.;D

g

Nico.d.R
13-07-2008, 08:37 PM
he screwd up his trailor getting it down all the roller pins were bent and there were big chunks in the rocks where it bottomed out . We went down the road and launched at the other ramp at boggy creek .
cheers nico

spelchek
14-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Where is the boggy creek ramp, nico? Same side of the river as the p-bar ramp?

Nico.d.R
14-07-2008, 07:12 PM
yeah same side , its not really a ramp its hardish mud/rock . instead of turning right after big dads pies go straight ahead and keep following it untill you pass the big plane hangers , than the road goes around to the right at the next bend there is a foot bridge (locked) that goes over to the BOC terminal next to the foot bridge to the left is the "ramp" . i wouldnt try and launch real big boats there but tinnys are fine , its about 10ft just of the ramp and a good angle but it is a bit shallow getting out of boggy creek at low tide .

hope that helps
cheers nico

work2fish
22-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Cheers nico Ill have to try that ramp out
rather then the wall at p/bar

W2F

mik01
22-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Gazza told me that someone dropped off the end of the ramp - could be why it was closed so quickly and works begun? i thought it was being extended too