PDA

View Full Version : to much chit chat

depth gauge
09-07-2008, 10:57 PM
do we talk to much bull shit

Do half off you really fish:D:P:-/:o

bushbeachboy
10-07-2008, 06:34 AM
No, never fish, don't own a boat or any fishing gear, it's all in my imagination.:P

ronnien
10-07-2008, 06:36 AM
dg,

as there is alot of good fisherman on this site, there is going to be alot of bs!
after all we are fisherman & thats what we do;D ;D .

you are at the right place for alot of very good info!

i"ll take my hat off to this site as to what i have learnt & thank everybody for it;) .

ron

p.s u should have seen the fish i got................::)

Keechie
10-07-2008, 06:41 AM
there is alot of good fisherman on this site that on their pwn spare time (or at work or school) come on this site to help others and learn lots of information. some people on hear may be talking bullshit but if thats the way they want to be i am fine with it.

regards,
keechie

Poodroo
10-07-2008, 08:01 AM
The fact we are all here talking about it is an indication that we all have fished at some point in our lives. Modern lifestyles prevent most of us from doing it as often as we would like but I think the major majority here do have a fish and there are some on here who have it mastered. I used to go pretty much every weekend when weather permitted but have started a new job which ties me down some weekends but I get mid week days off now which suits me fine because I can get out when most are stuck at work. ;D The River to Mud M&G is on this weekend coming and I am in it so stay tuned. ;)

Poodroo

TheRealAndy
10-07-2008, 08:15 AM
I fish, but I suck at it.

mangomick
10-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Your Dead right............Only the top half of me fishes..... the bottom half is too busy deperately trying to keep me steady

we're talking too much BS .....your dead right
Now what was your fishing question again????????????????????;D

TimiBoy
10-07-2008, 09:49 AM
But it's not just a fishing forum.

It's a place where people test ideas and thought processes, examine new ideas, ask advice, provide advice, build confidence in themselves, encourage others, oh, and of course, talk bullshit!

And people also use it to abuse spelling, massacre keyboards, and assault the eyes of those of us who are both spelling and grammatical purists.

As such I think it is one of the most effective places for learning and abuse I have ever come across!

Love it!!!

Tim

Nic
10-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I probably talk too much... but at least I can spell the word 'of'. ;D

Little grey men
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Thats all part of the fun, weeding through the bull shit to get to the good stuff.
When you get a large group of people together sharing opinions and ideas you have to expect a substantial amount of moo poo to be flying around the place.
Although it can sometimes tarnish really good threads when some knob adds a stupid comment.

Oh and Timiboy, you are going to have to be spot on with your spelling and grammar after writing that......We'll be watching and ready to pounce. ;D

SummerTrance
10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Well I think most of us fish as often as possible. I know I do. The info on this site is a goldmine, and my fishing had soared to new levels since discovering ausfish back in March.

What ticks me off is when people dish out advice, when obviously the have no practical experience in the area. When people ask for advice, they want to hear from people that are actually experienced in that particular style or area, not from people that have just read it somewhere.

2manylures
10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
To answer the question simply YES-BUT nowhere near as much as another forum.

Keep up the good work.

BREEZE470
10-07-2008, 11:31 AM
'Well I've caught 3 fish in total now .. does that count as being a fisherperson??

1 x hand sized yellowtail something or other that the fishing charter we were on used as bait for the mackrel (sp?)

1 x 45cm Coral Trout (yeah I know I should lie about how big it was ..)

and 1 x iddy bitty bream

The trout was the only thing we kept and ate (in Airlie Beach) .. there was a fantastic little Fish Cafe` who did all the 'stuff' to it :o and cooked it for me ...

That's where I bought my T-Shirt that says "Shut Up & Eat Fish" I was pretty tipsy at the time so cracked up laughing when I saw it cuz I thought they meant the 'other' fish ;D ;D ;D ... my hubby thought I was a complete tool cuz I was being rude and the poor boy at the counter didn't know where to look !! ;)

Chimo
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
To talk BS is part of fishing and boating but whether its too much could be blamed on the weather and / or sometimes, especially if you in NZ, on the pet wether which could be a distraction and take ones mind off fishing.

Cheers
Chimo AM & GOM .............. as its a little too cold right now to go fishing or boating but not too cold to add to the BS.

dogsbody
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
It don't matter if people here fish or not. This is a site to chat about fishing and exchange ideas or advice.

Maybe we all could come around to your place and speak BS.

Dave.

Nic
10-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh and Timiboy, you are going to have to be spot on with your spelling and grammar after writing that......We'll be watching and ready to pounce. ;D

Haha yes, maybe he can work on his writing 'techneck' after this. ;)

johno r
10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I only fish 3 or 4 days a week not realy full time fisherperson i work to aford it but find this site has a lot of good info but you make up your own mind weather to take it on board or not

darkside
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Apparently " I fish and I Vote" don't know what that means but it's the sticker that came with the boat! Hopefully i do more than that ! :-)

Nic
10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Those stickers originated in the USA where voting isn't compulsory. The slogan is a bit nonsensical here, to be honest!

ozscott
10-07-2008, 10:01 PM
as per Little Britain - yes but not but yes but no but yes but stacey calloway she was saying the other day that I went fishing with her boyfriend but what does she know anyway

reel scream
10-07-2008, 10:50 PM

Had a read of some of your past posts and it seems like you have learned a bit from this site.

Havn't seen much indicating you do to much fishing:-/ .

Scott

flybloke
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I just like the fact that we can say "Bullshit" on this site:D

charleville
11-07-2008, 02:10 AM

This is an interesting use of the English language vocabulary and grammar.

For example, "do we talk to much bull shit" might be construed as a question. Yet it cannot be so because the sentence does not end with a question mark. So it cannot be a question.

Indeed, it does not end with punctuation of any sort so by definition, it is not really a sentence, but a loose alignment of words that could be interpreted in several ways.

Firstly, whilst some of us may have read the word "to" to really mean "too", that is meaning to an excessive degree. Yet "too" might also mean also.

If which case, and by imagining that the writer has intended placing a question mark at the end of his sentence, he may be asking permission of the members of this illustrious chat site for permission to also engage in talking "bullshit", as he so quaintly phrases it.

Thus, "Do we talk much bull shit also?" may be what he intended, with the express purpose, as a new member to this site, of establishing what are the generally accepted standards and values of the site by which he may ambitiously abide. To wit, he wants his turn to express bullshit with a sense of belongingness to the Ausfish community. We all need a sense of belonging. It is primeval.

There is of course an alternative interpretation as to the intent of these words, once again catalysed by the absence of punctuation which might otherwise give clear meaning to the intent of the writer. That is, he may really mean “to” to be “to” in the normal sense of the word, viz to imply a condition of movement.

If this were to be the case, then perhaps we may get the general drift of his intended meaning as being “Is it that we express our copious quantities of bullshit as per the vehicle of vocal conversation?”, as distinct from other forms of communication, eg writing, sign language, semaphore, smoke signals, or morse code, say.

Clearly the answer to this question, if that is what he is asking, is, “No. we do not express our copious qualities of bullshit by oral expression as this is a website of the written word rather than a Youtube or Viddler or other multimedia site." So the answer is clearly "no" and a fuller note of guidance might add that on this website, we express our copious quantities of bullshit in writing.

Now to the second part of the communication, “Do half of you really fish”

Once again, in the absence of punctuation marks, several interpretations may be made of the phrasing.

Look for part two of this response for an examination of this matter. Maybe later today after the sun comes up. ;D

However, in response to what I suspect in all probability may have been the intended question by the contributor, viz “Do we talk too much bullshit?”, my answer - and I am pleased to be guided by others if I have understated the position shared by most of us who frequent this site – is....

“Nah – I don’t reckon so!”

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PinHead
11-07-2008, 04:58 AM

usually all of me goes fishing..bit difficult to leave half at home.

TimiBoy
11-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Now to the second part of the communication, “Do half of you really fish”

Look for part two of this response for an examination of this matter. Maybe later today after the sun comes up. ;D

Oh I cannot wait!!!!!

Scalem
11-07-2008, 06:40 AM
I never Bullshit!!

All the fish I catch are at leat 25% bigger than what the brag mat measured them!!::) :o

Scalem

ifishcq1
11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by depth gauge http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?p=858252#post858252)

Do half off you really fish

I go with Charlie, but my interpretation is

1/ I have never seen anyone ever talking to any bullshit at all let alone much of it.

2/ probably more than half off (of) us go fishing.. he might be mexican

I was also thinking that as a depth gauge
when we say it is only the depth that varies, can he tell us how deep it is?

slyman
11-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I have decided to come up with a DEPTH GAUGE to assist those wishing to determine the depth of the bullshit being bantered about. This gauge would not only be useful here in the chatrooms, but could be applied to everyday life situations.

Depth is indicated by the BS FACTOR on a scale of 0 - 6.

BS 0 - Atmospheric. Indicates a situation where no bullshit has been brought up but the potential for it to occur is high. You may recognise it when you suspect something doesn't quite smell right, otherwise known as the faint odour of bullshit.

BS 1 - Ankle Deep. Indicates a situation where a person has decided to partake in bullshit. The bullshitter comes up with his story and puts it out there to be kicked around. This is considered a normal level of bullshit for everyday situations, usually done to impress others to create a sense of belonging to a group, which as previously mentioned, is a natural and primeval human need.

BS 2 - Knee Deep. Indicates a situation whereby the bullshitter has identified a person, or persons, willing to accept a higher degree of bullshit for reasons of personal entertainment or otherwise, and the bullshitter is happy to be encouraged by such persons to continue his diatribe.

BS 3 - Waist Deep. Indicates a situation where the bullshitter has been encouraged to a degree where they are now well and truely wallowing in their own bullshit, and loving it. Persons encouraged to the level of BS 3 are usually quite gregarious persons, who get invited to many social functions such as BBQ's and are fed free alcohol, with the intent to get the laughs flowing and the party started.

BS 4 - Armpit Deep. Indicates a situation where the bullshitter has been encouraged to a degree that their stories are now extremely improbable. They are also probably quite inebriated. By now, the only other persons around listening in are also quite inebriated and are unable to identify the degree of bullshit being discussed. Either that or they are waiting for the Critical Mass Situation where the bullshitter may be unable to reign the story in and make a fool of himself.

BS 5 - Chin Deep. This is the Critical Mass Situation. The bullshitter has now reached the maximum amount of all possible bullshit. Having entertained those around them, they must now come up with a witty remark to extract themselves from the situation, and slyly indicate that they are a master bullshitter. It's Do or Die at this moment. Highly experienced bullshitters are capable of saving face at the very last minute, others are not so lucky and bite the proverbial bulldust.

BS 6 - Over Their Head. This indicates a situation where the bullshitter has either failed to identify the Critical Mass Situation, or has failed to come up with the witty extraction comment, they are now literally eating their own bullshit and/or have bullshit on their face. Persons attaining BS 6 are open to ridicule from all others present.

N.B. Bullshitting is an artform that can be performed by all and sundry, however great care must be taken in the depths that you reach. Those wishing to wade through depths of Knee Deep or greater (BS 2 and above), should note that at these depths Bullshit Sharks (Bullies) are known to patrol, looking for inexperienced bullshitters to sink their teeth into, with the aim of progressing them quickly to BS 5 in the hope that they cant cope and move on to BS 6. Bullshit sharks are frequently encountered during periods of low light (ie bbq's at sundown).

theoldlegend
11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Strewth Charlie!!

I was mentally exhausted by the time I reached the end of your missal. Bloody hell, was all that bullsh## or what?

Sounds like our new friend might be full of bull####. Has he/she condescended to make any further items of great interest? The new member seemed to be fired up about something.

You must have been sufficiently moved to post a post about the above subject matter, which at the end of the day, when the roosters have come home to the roost, sounds like bullsh## to me.

Anyway, I've run out of words, So all the best.

Take care,

TOL

the gecko
11-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Youre not from that other forum are you? Sent here to stir us up ?

Popcorn anyone?

mik01
11-07-2008, 05:34 PM
;D
Those stickers originated in the USA where voting isn't compulsory. The slogan is a bit nonsensical here, to be honest!

what about...

'I fish and have no choice but to vote or I'll get fined'?

lol - loving the 'Bullshitometer' guys.

actually half of me does fish, or do I fish half the time? never can tell.
we could get into a philosophical debate about that one (like the tree falling in the forest thing)!::)

I reckon all of the people here fish half the time, although its probably true that half of the people here fish all the time (pro fishers) or even half the people here fish some of the time or...

:-X sorry - enough BS spoken!;D

NAGG
11-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Thats all part of the fun, weeding through the bull shit to get to the good stuff.
When you get a large group of people together sharing opinions and ideas you have to expect a substantial amount of moo poo to be flying around the place.
Although it can sometimes tarnish really good threads when some knob adds a stupid comment.

You called !;D

Nagg

Ally Jack
11-07-2008, 07:55 PM
What a troll - he puts it out the back in the pattern, and in they come........

Do we talk to much bullshit.....I think so, look at this thread, 3 pages and counting, a bullshit thread about bulllshit;D ;D ;D

dogsbody
12-07-2008, 06:40 AM
What a troll - he puts it out the back in the pattern, and in they come........

Do we talk to much bullshit.....I think so, look at this thread, 3 pages and counting, a bullshit thread about bulllshit;D ;D ;D

You can change the amount of posts(40) per page you view. The way I see it it's only one page of bullen crappen.

Go to member cp, edit options, thread display options.

Dave.

TimiBoy
12-07-2008, 09:40 AM
I have decided to come up with a DEPTH GAUGE

Depth is indicated by the BS FACTOR on a scale of 0 - 6.

Simon, this is a really top piece of work. If you wrote it, you will gain fame as this makes the email rounds throughout the world over the next few weeks.

If, however, it is an adaptation or just a straight copy, I smell a 6!!!;D;D;D;D

Thanks to my B-I-L Dieter (who outfished us all yesterday) for inspiring this poke!

Cheers,

Tim

slyman
12-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Simon, this is a really top piece of work. If you wrote it, you will gain fame as this makes the email rounds throughout the world over the next few weeks.

If, however, it is an adaptation or just a straight copy, I smell a 6!!!;D;D;D;D

Thanks to my B-I-L Dieter (who outfished us all yesterday) for inspiring this poke!

Cheers,

Tim

Yeah all my own work ;D . Once I saw ifishcq's post the idea came to me, so sat down with a cuppa and away I went. Feel free to send it far and wide mate ;D !

Still waiting on charlevilles second installment though, that should be a good laugh!

charleville
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Still waiting on charlevilles second installment though, that should be a good laugh!

Gosh! The pressure! ::)

I had better sit down and write one. Been too busy watch highlights and interviews from the Tour de France, plus watching it live at night, of course (when I shoulda been fishin')

Maybe later this arvo.

bushbeachboy
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Charlie and Sly you guys are a crack-up. I'm still chuckling!!!!!

TIMMY 666
13-07-2008, 08:04 PM

Are you drunk, stoned or just a moron? Seriously, WTF?

Rephrasing your question will get some more obvious answers:

Do you talk too much bullshit?....YES!

Do you really fish?...well, looking through your post history on this site, apparently NOT.

:P

Tim.

reel scream
13-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Are you drunk, stoned or just a moron? Seriously, WTF?

Rephrasing your question will get some more obvious answers:

Do you talk too much bullshit?....YES!

Do you really fish?...well, looking through your post history on this site, apparently NOT.

:P

Tim.

I thought the same Tim, but looking back its been a good laugh and i dont think any malice was intended.

cheers scott

the gecko
14-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Not one reply from the thread starter yet?

Definitely a troll. I think the only fishing he does is here on ausfish.....

Little grey men
14-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Yep. if this was intended to arc people up I think it went the other way. Turned into a good thread with some pretty funny bullshit added in.
Everyone remained calm and spoke in a pleasant manner, well done to all for playing so nicely. Even you Nagg ;)
clap clap clap.

NAGG
14-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Yep. if this was intended to arc people up I think it went the other way. Turned into a good thread with some pretty funny bullshit added in.
Everyone remained calm and spoke in a pleasant manner, well done to all for playing so nicely. Even you Nagg ;)
clap clap clap.

Lots of Sympathy posts I think ... LGM ::)
Check the post history!

Thanks for your vote of approval ..... much appreciated;D

Nagg

webby
14-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Too much chit chat keeping this useless post alive

gaintsquid
15-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Does anyone here get abit sick of this one line.. ?

Nice!!!!!

pickers
15-07-2008, 07:41 PM
strange how the person who started this thread has NOT responded to any of the reply's that have been posted.
so here's a quick reply to your question.
fishermen and bullshit go hand in hand...lol
GET USE TO IT.
pickers
(some just use it a bit more)

SummerTrance
15-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Does anyone here get abit sick of this one line.. ?

Nice!!!!!

Yes, I think everyone on the site is bloody sick of that one already. It doesnt mean much when you see it from the same member in every single report. Come on mate.... think of something constructive to say.

Oh yeh, Nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackjack
25-07-2008, 06:48 AM
just cruised into this fantastic thread with some of the best dissertations of bull shit i have ever encountered - no bull shit!

wow the command of grammar and language is alive and well. english teachers the world over rejoice!

sending the 'BS Depth Guage' so cleverly written by slyman on to my mates to enjoy today. might print up a copy and post it in the boat with a red needle to show which level we are at

that said, and in response to the original phrase, do we talk to much bull shit, well NO actually. my sister has a very large black angus bull called elvis, and i can honestly say i have never been known to talk to his bovine excreta. i may have stepped in it, but no never talked to it.

so there you go depth guage, hope that answers your question

and to the responders, thanks for a great laugh. gold stars all around. ;D

blackjenny

CreelReaper
25-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey Guys and gals,
Doesn't matter whether its fishing workin or playing. READ ON ;) ;D :P
Memo to All Employees/Fisherfolk

Where ever you see 'work' just replace it with fisherman/skippers!!!!

In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity from employees (more fish), it will be our policy to keep all employees well trained through our program of SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (S.H.I.T.).

We are trying to give our employees more S.H.I.T. than anyone else. If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. in the course, please see your supervisor/skipper.

You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list, and our supervisors are especially
skilled at seeing you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle.

Employees who don't take their S. H. I. T. will be placed in DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEE EVALUATION PROGRAMS (D.E.E.P.S.H.I.T.).

Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously will have to go to EMPLOYEE ATTITUDE TRAINING (E.A.T.S.H.I.T.).

Since our supervisors took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don't have to do S.H.I.T. anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T. already.

If you are full of S.H.I.T., you may be interested in a job teaching others. We can add your name to our BASIC UNDERSTANDING LIST of LEADERS (B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.).

For employees who are intending to pursue a career in management and consulting, we will refer you to the department of MANAGERIAL OPERATIONAL RESEARCH EDUCATION (M.O.R.E. S.H.I.T.).

This course emphasizes how to manage M.O.R.E. S.H.I.T. If you have further questions, please direct them to our HEAD OF TEACHING, SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (H.O.T. S.H.I.T.).

Thank you,

BOSS IN GENERAL, SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (B.I.G.S.H.I.T.)

P.S. Now send this S.H.I.T. to 5 people who need S.H.I.T. in their life, just not the same person who
sent you this S.H.I.T. They have already had their fill of S.H.I.T.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

The Director Under the Main Bureau of Super High Intensity Training. (D.U.M.B. S.H.I.T.).

rockfisho
25-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Quote:Definitely a troll. I think the only fishing he does is here on ausfish.....end Quote"

You forgot the swimming pool gecko.:P:D:D
ahaha

this thread is such a crack up. I love the BS scale, brilliant work that.

cheers

Owen

charleville
29-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Now that the "Tour de France" has finished for the year, I find the time to address the second part of our correspondent's comment or question, whichever it may be. That is, "Do half of you really fish".

Once again, the enquirer’s choice to deploy no punctuation raises doubts as to whether the enquirer is asking a question about whether a prescribed fraction of members on this site fish or whether he is issuing some sort of instruction. :-/

However, let us for the moment suppose that he is asking a question about whether a certain fraction of the illustrious membership of this auspicious website actually do participate in the genteel and noble art of angling.

The use of the word “fraction” here might be highly relevant to the implied tone of the question – well, perhaps, “pseudo-question” in the absence of any punctuation.

Indeed, I suspect that most of us take some sort of a perspective in relation to the question, and that includes your humble correspondent in the first person and indeed for that matter in the present tense, for, after all, the question, if it truly be an question, takes a form as not to ask if whether we have ever fished in the past but whether we are currently fishing, viz, “Do half of you really fish?”

I reiterate that the question specifies a fraction and in so doing has, it may be interpreted - notwithstanding that it is a subjective sensation and perhaps to be fair, may be not truly representative of the true intent of the enquirer, albeit we don’t know that because of the paucity of the message – as to imply a communication that is not only indicative of a specified quantified fraction but also implicative of a fractious tone of enquiry. :'(

So by combining the fractional quantification with the fractious qualification, we might be encouraged to seek deeper meaning in the communication by our enquirer. :-/

Indeed deeper meanings about personalities are often readable into the overt actions of ourselves, and often quite surprisingly so.

People who frequent these pages but who are also students of the classical creators of the psychological sciences, Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, et al, will understand that often we have an alter ego which performs in a way counter-intuitively to that which we, ourselves, profess.

Thus if, say, we were to reveal that the worst sort of human foible that we despise the most in our heart of hearts is, say, arrogance, it may well mean that we ourselves are inherently, and noticeably to all around us, in possession of an extremely arrogant nature ourselves. :o

In extrapolating this concept to the text under examination here, one for which it has already been established that indicates a fractional quantification, viz a half, and a fractious qualification suggesting that the author is irritable or cranky, and having a peevish nature – even perhaps implying an epigrammatic sentiment, ie terse and ingenuous in expression, maybe suggesting that the author is, if not at his wit’s end in writing the communication but rather, by virtue of the fractional quantification in the original ‘question’, 50% along the way towards that end.

That is, the analysis clearly shows - and to not put it in so many words following the conjugation of the fractional quantification and the fractious qualification - that the enquirer is a half-wit!

;D ;D ;D

…And how could that not be so because of the matter of tense? The ‘question’ is clearly stated in the present tense, to wit “do half of you fish?”

It is not, “ have half of you really fished?”

Nor is it “are half of you going to really fish?”

But it is clearly in the present tense, “Do half of you really fish?

To which the answer is cleary and undeniably, “Not right now, you patently fully qualified half-wit. We are sitting at our computers reading this meandering waffle!” >:(

Game ,set, and match!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

p.s I apologise to all readers for the brevity of this analysis, notwithstanding its tautological nature. Had the correspondent communicated with a little more generosity of language and grammar, I might have been able to examine the questions in a lot greater detail and with considerably more thought. ;D

blackjack
29-07-2008, 05:02 AM
It has come to the attention of the Ausfish brethren Charleville, that your postings on this very thread, are filled with a large degree of formality and cleverness, and are, simply put, brilliant. Rarely does one encounter such a response posed to a couple of seemingly random phrases:

"do we talk to much bull shit
Do half off you really fish"

I do not wish to embarrass you dear sir, but I wish to nominate you for the newly established position of "Chief Analyst of Postings and Bearer of the Regal Rod and Reel", and all the rights and privileges due to such holder of that most esteemed position. :scholar:
(A noisy clamouring to become Seconder heard from afar)

I feel reasonably confident to thank depth guage on behalf of said honourable Ausfish members, for taking the time to begin a thread that provided such rich source and scope for due expansion and eloquence of expression. (Clapping all around)

Besides the informative postings of other respected members, we would not have had Slyman's BS Depth Guage, rumoured by some to become compulsory study for prospective inductees to the Forum, and (you heard it here first) possibly a "Sticky". I cannot verify the veracity of other gossip indicating Ausfish may make the guide into a "Sticker" one can purchase to mount in said boats (if, in fact, any such vessels are owned by members), for the express purpose of checking the depth to which one may have found said selves, or their guests. I propose also that said sticker would be quite useful near watering holes and "places of low light e.g. BBQ's at sundown" where danger lingers in the form of Bull Shit Sharks aka "Bullies".

On a personal note, I am relieved to read that PinHead manages to take ALL of himself fishing and not said fraction (1/2).
I am also glad to see mangomick has come to terms with his halves, that Timiboy has found said forum to be "one of the most effective places for learning and abuse" he has ever come across, that Flippher CAN call herself a "fisherperson" for catching 3 fish and that here in Oz we don't have that problem of the "pet wether which could be a distraction and take ones mind off fishing" like they have in NZ, so tangentially alluded to by Chimo.

Quite frankly, the benefits generated by the original proposition, so carefully placed by depth guage, have had far reaching benefits in terms of critical evaluation of text, self esteem, psychological well-being, social development, business opportunity, mathematical understanding ... well the list is just endless.

In the words of some famous person or other (who I cannot bring to mind) "You can bullshit some of the people some of the time, but you cannot bullshit all of the people all of the time."

That said, I really should try to go back to sleep...

Blackjenny :zzz:

P.S. Please forgive my meanderings and let the forum cont i n u e zzzzzzzz

Little grey men
29-07-2008, 09:51 AM
The sun has risen on a new day my friends. Reading Charlies response, I can feel myself being lifted gently into the air in a wonderful swirling dance of the written word. For someone like myself who has to read the menu board at Maccas twice to get the gist of what they're saying, I can actually feel myself getting smarter in the brain bucket and ready to tackle any BS coming my way.
I've tucked my copy of Slymans BS depth gauge into my back pocket and feel ready for anything.
And I thought it was going to be a dull day.

dumbochickenhead
29-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I am sorry but I am just 'gobblefrocked' by this whole thread.

Little grey men
29-07-2008, 10:07 AM
He he he he I'm just picturing the little fella in your avatar saying the word
"Gobblefrocked"

charleville
30-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I do not wish to embarrass you dear sir, but I wish to nominate you for the newly established position of "Chief Analyst of Postings and Bearer of the Regal Rod and Reel", zzzzzzzz

Thanks. Having been listening to a few works of Charles Dickens in audio book form lately I am inspired by the sentiments constantly expressed by Uriah Heep in David Copperfield to say, "Thank you, kind sir - but that I am too 'umble to receive such a great award." :D

Ah - if only one could write like Charlie Dickens. :-[ Never read his stuff before until the past few weeks because my education from trade apprenticeship to uni degree level was all of a technical nature not literary. Now I cannot get enough of his writings. He had an awesome command of the English language, grammar and composition - and surprisingly so since he started work in modest circumstances at age 12 in a boot blacking factory.

If only more of us could write like Charlie Dickens.

Instead we get...

Sigh! :'(

charleville
30-07-2008, 01:14 PM
For someone like myself who has to read the menu board at Maccas twice to get the gist of what they're saying,

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I love it!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Little grey men
30-07-2008, 01:47 PM
If only more of us could write like Charlie Dickens.

Instead we get...

Sigh! :'(

I have to say that I'm a huge fan of both....Dickens is an absolute pleasure to read...but the goings on of everyday people entertain me to no end.
Those two questions are just "bassackwards" personified. Love it. ;D

bushbeachboy
30-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I feel reasonably confident to thank depth guage on behalf of said honourable Ausfish members, for taking the time to begin a thread that provided such rich source and scope for due expansion and eloquence of expression. (Clapping all around)

Does this mean that Depth Guage cause Charlie to get the clap????:P

charleville
30-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Does this mean that Depth Guage cause Charlie to get the clap????:P

Nah - I am retired - I am already clapped out. ;D

fin101
30-07-2008, 05:19 PM
What a hoot! some of you guys are classics, as for the thread starter, perhaps he should change his name to "no depth gauge". Can you say ###### on here???? OK, w@#%$r.::) ::) This is only my second post, I apologise for it having little fishing content. I will endeavour to improve, still saving up for a rod and reel combo, woe is me..

charleville
30-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Can you say ###### on here????

Why of course you can. ;)

You can also say ***** and @@@@@.

You can even say +++++ if you really want to. ;D

Making them rhyme is the challenge.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NAGG
30-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm still waiting for a response from the author of this magnificent thread ....... I'm sure it will be full of pearls of wisdom ......... Then again ::)

Cheers all

Nagg

blackjack
31-07-2008, 06:14 AM
I am inspired by the sentiments constantly expressed by Uriah Heep in David Copperfield to say, "Thank you, kind sir - but that I am too 'umble to receive such a great award." :D

Why charleville, I must insist you accept the grand honour, as I already have plans for the investiture ceremony......gold rod and reel, grand and flowing sea cape, all the fine fishing persons will be in attendance...and afterwards, well I won't need to organise much more than a few jugs of golden ale and prawns will I? :beer:

I concur with honourable member fin101 this thread has been a crack up and I would venture to use the newly established icon :LMAO: BUT that would be too rude (or graphic!!!) for me so I'll instead choose the other new icon :LOL: .
(both added to the smilie list by the very honourable owner Steve Brown at my behest for a laughter button)

Thanks guys. Love ya's all, Blackjenny x