PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Reef Charter

Scott nthQld
09-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi All Townsville Fisho's and visitors without access to the reef.

I'm currently in planning for my annual reef charter and I have decided on an operator, but no dates as yet.

I will be going with NQ Maritime in 'Marine Sport' for an all day charter to the reef targeting, Trout, nannygai and emperor as well as anything else wants to bite. You can see the boat on its mooring near the Townsville Motor Boat and Yacht Club.

All gear is supplied (handlines for bottom bouncing, rods for trolling and floatlining and limited rods available for bottom bouncing) including bait, ice etc.

Its a 12 hr charter, that is for example leave at 5am and return to dock at 5pm, it takes apporximately 2hrs to get to his spots so that 8hrs of fishing (arrive and start fishing at 7am, last drop up by 3pm for transport back to Townsville) of course all this is dependant on conditions, so a little less/more travelling time depending what the weather is doing.

Its only a relatively small boat @ 10m, powered by twim yamaha 250(?) 4 str. And is capable to comfortably fish 8 passengers plus 2 crew (skipper and deckie).

Cost is $220 for the day.

I have spoken to the skipper and others that have had a day fishing with him. and heard nothing but good reports from his customers, plenty of fish and a real professional and friendly attitude. The skipper will cater to anything, diving, fishing (bottom bouncing, trolling etc) and you are more than welcome to bring your own gear, such as a soft plastics outfit to use on the day.

As for dates, to book, the operator recommends booking in for 3 weekends to secure a spot and making a call on the weather as the time comes, so we have a few options, if its too windy one weekend, we can skip that one and go the next, or the one after. I haven't decided dates yet, I will see how much interest I get and try to pick a few that will suit everyone.

I was looking at booking a trip for August/September. Is there anyone interested in coming along?

levinge
09-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Sounds interesting Scott. I will keep it in mind, that is if I'm not using the new boat to do the same...

Won't be taking any deckies out until I have a few spots sussed out, but that will not take too long.

ronnien
09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
scott,

i am there mate! sounds good!

ron.

Dr_Dan
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Scott mate, pencil me in.
Always keen to get out on a charter. Think you can learn a lot from decent operators. Going away with the boss to port douglas, of course, fitting charter in while we are up there. And at 220, cheaper than taking my own boat out!

Scott nthQld
09-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Brett, I'll see if I can smuggle the hand held aboard and mark you some spots.....lol

levinge
09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Unless I'm on there with my handheld also, Could be worth the money to find a few good spots. Time will tell

goddy100
11-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a good thing Scott, pencil me in (If I am not working). I work every second weekend but will be having time off over that period.

Goddy

horseboy
11-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Scott count me in in if i am of when you go!!!!
Wade

Scott nthQld
11-07-2008, 02:01 PM
thats nearly a full charter already with my Old man (so Dan and Corey, if you read this, No Bunnings jokes) and maybe my brother and sister's boyfriend. I'm off every weekend unless its special circumstances so really its up to you guys to decide and I'll go along, otherwise I'd just be throwing random dates up and the process could take a lot longer.

Wade, you seem to have a lot of reef fishing experience, so what would be the best time to head out, in regards to tides, current, moons, or don't you take any notice?

horseboy
11-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Always pay attention i first couple of hrs of run in and last few and slack water for the shoals bigger tides moons i realy dont stress about unless in shallow water or esturies. I will get back to you about august sept.

Wade

Dr_Dan
11-07-2008, 06:33 PM
i've organised a charter while im in port douglas at the end of july, so would probably only be able to make it if it was sept money wise.
Keep us informed, i'd be pretty easy on times, work shift work but with notice can usually get time off.

Taipan
13-07-2008, 05:34 PM
let us know when Scott and I'll have to decide when I know that, got a fair bit coming up

Rod Fishing
13-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Mate count me in can always use a few new marks.

Cheers Rod...8-)

Scott nthQld
16-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Well this certainly fell on the back burner for a while.

I finally got around to having a look at the tides throughout September.

Given that we're coming up to spawning season for reefies, and the spawning occurs on the new moon, and at this time the fish don't eat, I thought we'd have a go a couple of days before the full Moon.

The full is Monday 15th Sept, so I was thinking of the Saturday 13th or Sunday the 14th. Tides are as follows (24hr time, bear in mind these are tide times in Townsville and there will be variations the further out we go):

Sat 13th
0214 0.91
0726 2.67
1330 0.61
2000 3.33

Sun 14th
0232 0.82
0753 2.82
1355 0.57
2022 3.37

What does everyone think, and can I get a definite answer over the next couple of weeks so I can make a booking as early as possible.

Myself and my dad will be going so their will be 6 spots remaining. Other details listed in the first post have remained the same since I made my first enquiries.

If anyone has other suggestions on dates (preferably weekends) please post them up so we can all make a decision.

Fishin_Dan
16-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah I'd probably be interested too Scotty. And don't worry... We won't say anything about Bunnings.... We have so many other options to chose from ;D

Dr_Dan
16-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Pencil me in mate. Earlier i know dates, easier will be to get them off.

fish-n-dive
24-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I'll take a spot Scott, thanks.................

Scott nthQld
24-08-2008, 04:44 PM
OK, so We've got 3 definates (Dad, Michael (fish-n-dive) and myself) and 2 maybe's.

I'll ring and book, and get some more details, I've got a few mates Outside of Ausfish that are interested, so If we can get some more definate answers, that will make it easier to make up extra's (if needed).

I will book for the Saturday the 13th, and if weather's nasty Sunday will be a back up option, does anyone have any alternate dates in case both of those are a blowout? I will get more details on what sort of weather would be comfortable ( i reckon, in a boat 10m long, 15-20knts would be quite acceptable) and go from there.

fish-n-dive
25-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Scott, I'll fit in with whatever date we end up with as I am now a retired man of leisure........!!!;D

ronnien
25-08-2008, 04:41 PM
scott,

already told you i will be there, as long as its in sept.

ron.

Scott nthQld
27-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Well, got some bad news Guys. I got hold of the operator yesterday arvo and weekends are booked out until the 11th October, but as always, he's available for a midweek charter anytime.

He's advised a few days before or after the full or new moons is best, having a fairly big run, but not so much that we can't get our lines to the bottom. the only thing is, the New moon in October is the first of this years CRFF closures, so we'll try to book around the full.

I've got no issues with getting a day off mid week, so long as isn't during the last 4 working days of the month.

I'll consult the charts, and try to come up with some alternate dates, and if a weekday is chosen, I'll make sure that there's plenty of notice for those of us that work and need to ask for the day off.

If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to post them up for consideration. Alternatively, we could always try and book with another charter, but I've heard very good things about this bloke.

At least we know he's in high demand, which points to plenty of fish and a great operation

fish-n-dive
27-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm up for a mid week if the others can......October seems sooooooo far away to wet a line.

Scott nthQld
01-09-2008, 12:58 PM
OK I've consulted the charts and the Gods and have come up with a couple of new dates.

Given as of last week, the charter was booked out until the 11 Oct I've had a look at midweek charters around the full moon, as coming into spawning season for the reefies, they don't eat when they're spawning over the new moon period, though the greenies want you to think otherwise.

The operator has told me the more run the better, but not too much, or you won't get your baits to the bottom, So I figured a couple days either side was on the cards.

The dates, I've come up with are further out than I, or anyone else would have liked, but working around finding ideal fishing periods and making sure plenty of notice for those of us that work, or going away in the near future, the best time would be in mid October.....a long way off yet.

I was considering the new moon in Sept, but weekends are booked and its not a very good time for me to get a midweek day off, plenty of notice there, but its the busiest time of the month for us at work. The following couple of weeks have minimal run, and we don't want that according to the operator, so we'll skip those. Which leads to the Full Moon on the 15th August.

Now Ronnie is away until the 13th, so I figured if we could pick a date between the 13th and 18th, that would give us a good chance of getting into some quality fish, and have the flexibility of choosing any day where the employed can give notice to have a day off.

So what do we think?

Check out the tides here:
http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/oceanography/tides/tide_predications.cgi

and pray for good weather, lets decide on a date by this weekend to ensure we get a spot.

Dr_Dan
01-09-2008, 05:02 PM
As i said, keen with notice. Keep me in.,

fish-n-dive
01-09-2008, 05:21 PM
You guys pick the date, and I'll be there!!

Still keen as mustard!!

ronnien
01-09-2008, 05:56 PM
ok than,

i have had a good look at tides & i think the best 1 would be saturday 18-10-08.
this is 3 days after the full moon, the run is not as much compared to the 13th to the 17th which is better on the reef's anyway, but still enough to catch some nice fish.
low 4.20am...0.77
high 11.34am...3.02
low 6.44pm...1.55

the morning run in has more than enough run to float pilles for macks as well.
what you's think of this?

ron.

Scott nthQld
01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Sounds good, it was saturday in particular that I was looking at too.

If its unanimous, I will book asap

ronnien
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
i'll vote twice;)

ron.

fish-n-dive
02-09-2008, 07:37 AM
It's a done deal, book it Scott!!!

Dr_Dan
02-09-2008, 05:14 PM
book me in mate

Scott nthQld
07-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Ok this is really starting to piss me off now.........I've got the charter booked, but now Dad has just told me he can't go.....he's got some work function on that night.

Given it is (or maybe was) his father's day present from me (a bit late, but better late than never) he now wants me to change it....again.

I said I'd see what you guys reckon, as all of you need to make arrangements as well.

So I was thinking, how about a day earlier? on the Friday 17th? I can get the day off no worries, and this will be the last change, if we go ahead with it.

I wish he had've told me sooner, this thing has been in the pipeline for weeks and I checked with him before I booked and now he springs this on me. Sorry guys, but what do you reckon?

fish-n-dive
07-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm easy Scott, as I've said before, you fellas work out the date, and I'll be there. ;)

ronnien
07-09-2008, 08:37 AM
fine by me scott, just gives me a couple extra of days getting them filleted,lol.

ron.

Dr_Dan
07-09-2008, 09:33 AM
can still make it if spot available.

horseboy
07-09-2008, 09:57 AM
scott if there is a spare birth i will come on the 17th as i am off. Pm me if there is and i will get some cash to you soon as pos.

Wade

Scott nthQld
07-09-2008, 10:28 AM
No worries, Wade, there's definately room for you. I will ring to change booking tomorrow morning and post here to confirm all details, including payment options, whether he wants a deposit or if payment when boarding is OK.

Thanks guys.

Scott nthQld
08-09-2008, 06:05 PM
OK I've got it booked.

The Date will be Friday 17th September.

A $500 fully refundable deposit is required to secure the boat for the day. If the weather turns sour, we can get our money back, or use it to book for another day. I won't be cancelling the charter, so no worries there, if anyone drops out, I will be able to replace with some non-Ausfishers I know and are keen, and refund the cancelled fisho's deposit.

All gear is provided, except beers, alcohol is BYO.

More Particulars tomorrow, need to speak with the skipper, he wasn't available today, he was teaching a licensing course.

Ok Just to work out the Numbers we have (in no Particular order):

1. Me
2. My Dad
3. Michael
4. Ronnie
5. Dr Dan
6. Wade

Still waiting on definate answers from a couple of Ausfishers and that should fill the charter (8 max).

Those Maybe's are:

Fishin_Dan
Brett (though with a 6m formosa, I can't blame him for not going, he can just follow us out....lol)

Given the deposit, and the fact that I'm entering the poor part of my pay period It'll come to $60 each for the deposit and $160 on the day. We can arrange another M&G to exchange payment or do a direct deposit into my account, and I will email everyone a copy of the receipt for payment proof (or post here, which ever you all prefer). For those that would like to direct deposit, I can either PM or email my a/c details.

More info to come........

ronnien
08-09-2008, 06:15 PM
scott,

dont you mean 17 october?

ron

fish-n-dive
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm up for another grog session.....oops, I mean meet & greet to pay deposits etc. You offering Scott?

BTW, I thought it was in October???

Scott nthQld
08-09-2008, 08:31 PM
ha, good pick up guys, yes it is in October, sorry, I'm a month behind.

Thats 17th October NOT September for those that might be confused.

levinge
09-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Yep could do that, follow the leader, or is that "try not to overtake the leader"....

The Dollars for the charter could fill my tank. The only drawback is I still have to clean the boat (but thats not an issue at all).

By the way, she now has a Name!!!!

ronnien
09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
brett,

how about a pic of the whole rig? or is it all about the name now,lol.

ron.

levinge
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
very funny Ron. You asked for it, here it is.

Will have some better "action shots' when we get some good weather or up at Kurrimine. Just have to talk the missus into standing on an island beach while I go screamin past. She thinks I might just keep going LOL Just jokin

ronnien
09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
what can i say........ nice!

ron.

levinge
09-09-2008, 10:22 PM
As I said at the BBQ, let me know when you want to chase after those big Fingermark and I'll put the boat in the water and we'll have a session. Just ask Scott, comfortable even for a night fish...

Pedrokkas
18-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi Scott,

Im a new member in the Ausfish and Im keen for a reef section if u still have a place that you want to fill. Have been livin in Townsville for a while chasing barras, flaties and jacks but have never been out to the reef. I was actually looking for a charter boat but couldnt get people to go with me or a group to fit in.
Cheers,

Pedro

Scott nthQld
18-09-2008, 10:50 AM
no worries mate, still got 1 spot, maybe 2, will let you know via pm over the next couple of days.

Cheers

Scott

Pedrokkas
18-09-2008, 11:56 AM
really good mate thanks for that. it will be good to meet some keen anglers in this area.

Cheers,

Pedro

Scott nthQld
19-09-2008, 06:29 PM
If you've got a mate that wants to come, they'll be another spot as well.......someone's pulled out, decided that going to a freinds wedding is more important.....definitely got his priorities wrong there...lol

Pedrokkas
24-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Not really, I tried to organize a boat a few times but when is time to pay the deposit nobody has shown real interest on. Any news with this fishing trip? Im still pretty keen.

Scott nthQld
25-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, its still going ahead. I've paid the deposit myself, but I can wait until the day to be reinbursed by everyone.

Payments to be made on the day will be $160 to the skipper plus $60 deposit to reinburse me.

goddy100
25-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Scott,
have just had to take some time off work and will now be home on the 17th oct, any spare spots left?

Goddy

Scott nthQld
25-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah, mate, there's a spot for you left.

Numbers are currently sitting at:

1. Me
2. The old man
3. Pedro
4. Ronnie
5. Michael
6. Wade
7. Goddy
8. .....Spare.......

So we've ogt 7 yes' atm, one more spot to fill.

fish-n-dive
25-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Scott, if you need the $$$ before the trip cause your short from fronting the deposit, just Pm me & I'll fix you up mate...........cheers.........;););)

Scott nthQld
26-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Its Ok, I've got the deposit covered and to avoid any confusion, noone needs to give me any money.

I'll use the deposit to Pay for Dad and my trip (total $440), plus Ronnie has already given me his deposit money of $60, totalling $500, so on the day, each person will just pay the skipper their $220 each, except for Ronnie who will only pay the remainder of his cost at $160. I have filled the operator in with what's happening so its all good.

More info to come when I knock off and get home from work.

ferrett
29-09-2008, 10:00 PM
hey mate i am usually keen for a reef trip, been a few times this year but its never enough, let me know when u plan more trips thanks, Brad or ferrett

Scott nthQld
09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
well, I've been looking at the long range forecasts and its not looking very good at all so far with 20-25knt winds on Wednesday.....if it keeps following the trend its on, by friday it will be near gale force. Will check with the skipper as the day gets closer and let you all know.

But while I'm at it....if Friday falls through due to the weather, do we have any other suggestions? This time round it will have to be a weekend though.

Keeping in mind what I have posted before, 3 days either side of the full or new moon would be the best fishing, as long as there's not so much current that we can't get our baits to the bottom. Given that the CRFF closures will be in effect during the new moon period, that leaves us with the full.

I was thinking, next month (soooo long away) on Saturday/Sunday the 14/15th November. I think its best we try and get in as early as possible and book another trip if this one gets cancelled.

Let me know

goddy100
10-10-2008, 08:42 AM
sorry Scott, the wind is my fault, every reef trip it does this to me::)

Goddy

fish-n-dive
10-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a good plan Scott, I will follow your lead.

cheers,
michael

Scott nthQld
10-10-2008, 10:30 AM
we could even go the weekend before (the 7th/8th I think), a bit sooner, and only just outside the 3 day before/after moon window.

Mind you, this is only a contingency plan and a bit of a pre-emptive strike on what is looking like a bad week of wind ahead of us, if it all turns out good, this friday will still be on if all checks out with the skipper.

And Goddy, I think I'm as much to blame as you, I've got next week off, booked up some annual leave, and the weather turns to shit.....if it comes down any, I might still be able to make it around Maggie for a midweek fish.

goddy100
11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
according to seabreeze, good day to go kite surfing next friday. One thing about seabreeze though, a lot can happen between now and next weekend so here's to hoping and fingers crossed!!

Goddy

Scott nthQld
12-10-2008, 04:38 PM
well, i've been monitoring seabreeze in between Bathurst (GO FORD....First On Race Day) and its looking a little better, but not much, at least I might be able to get out around maggie or something sometime during the week.

I'm going to give the operator a call tomorrow and see what he thinks, but with 2m+ seas and 20knt+ wind, I don't like our chances. Will make another post tomorrow, after I get a cancer cut out of my head.

Scott nthQld
14-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Well, its official, I rang the operator yesterday and our doubts were confirmed. The trip is off for Friday.....too rough, 20-25knts and 2m seas would make for a nasty trip. I haven't booked the next attempt yet but the weekends of 8/9th and 15/16th November look good tide wise, let me know on availability so we can get it booked asap.

goddy100
14-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks Scott,
was really looking forward to getting out with some ausfishers, and with this wind up cannot see me heading out in the tinny any time soon. Might have to have a bank fish at aplins weir for a fishing fix.
Thanks again and keep us informed for rematch!!!

Goddy

horseboy
15-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Scott am of for the 15th/16th of Nov so would be good then.

Wade

Pedrokkas
15-10-2008, 03:41 PM
H all

Im good for 14th/15th or 16th. But if any other dates are suggested its fine I can organize it. hopefully the wind will give us a break.

Pedro

horseboy
28-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Whats happening with the charter now scott?

Scott nthQld
28-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Dunno mate, I've been trying to get onto the operator and he seems to be the hardest person in the world to track down atm. I've tried his mobile, home and office, left messages and still can't get him, will keep trying though

levinge
28-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Hopefully he's not in Bali spending your $$$$ or do you pay on the day??

Scott nthQld
29-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Nah brett, pay on the day, I tried to pay the deposit and he said not to worry, he knew I was legit.

Any way, I finally heard from him and the only date he has left available this month outside for the closures in Saturday the 8th, so not this weekend, next weekend.

Can we all please confirm whether we can make it or not so we can all make a decision ASAP?

I will send a PM to all those who are already on the list, if I miss anyone let me know.

Scott nthQld
30-10-2008, 01:17 PM
OK, unfortunately Wade cannot make it, but as most of you have confirmed it will be OK, I'll go with the majority.

I've contacted to operator and we're booked for Saturday 8th November.

Departure is from the Townsville Motor Boat and Yacht Club (off Palmer Street) at 5am.

Projected return is 5pm

Handlines, tackle and bait is provided, as well as nibblies and water, tea and coffee, as most of us will be concetrating on the fishing, I don't think we'll be too worried about having a big spread for lunch, so I'll knock up a few ham/chicken/salad rolls.

If anyone wants to take any beers along, thats fine, but don't go overboard (no pun intended) because it is the skipper who is responsible for our safety, and we don't want to get him in trouble over any stupidity on our part.

Main targets for the day are trout and nannygai, and anything else that wants to play.

Those who have confirmed they will be attending are:

1. Me
2. Dad
3. Ronnie
4. Goddy
5. Pedro

Still waiting on confirmation from:

6. Michael (f-n-d)

And unfortunately Wade can't make it because of work commitments

So there are still 2 spots left if anyone wants to fill those, with a possible 3rd.

If anyone would like to add their name to the list, reply here and/or send me a pm and I'll add you to the list.

Now we just need to pray that this stretch of good weather holds up its end of the deal. Does anyone have any ideas for a sacrifice? Was thinking we might be able to get our hands on a GBRMPA or EPA officer....lol. Top of the list would be Anna Bligh, Andrew McNamara or Peter Garret though.....lol

Pedrokkas
30-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi Scott,

Im just wondering, will be any increase in the price of the charter with only 5 or 6 people.

Cheers,

Pedro

Scott nthQld
30-10-2008, 03:07 PM
no mate, still same price, $220 if I remember correctly, I think its on the firstpost with all boat details.

Rod Fishing
30-10-2008, 06:21 PM
What date are you thinking of now scotty?

I might be able to come along.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Scott nthQld
30-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Rod, its booked for the 8th.

Michael pulled out, he's doing his VHF course, and we've got someone else coming along, a new member, Pandabear001 or something i think, will double check my PM's

So we are back upto 6 now, still 2 spots left

levinge
30-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry Scott working mate, let me know how it all went

ronnien
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
looking at seabreeze & bom all saying the same, looks like we are going to have good weather next saturday. keep your fingers crossed!!!

ron.

Scott nthQld
03-11-2008, 08:57 AM
ssshhh!! Don't jinx it or we'll all blame you for it.

levinge
03-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey Scott, my reef trip on Hard Livin is tomorrow, I am just drooling all over the prediction for tomorrow.

Rod Fishing
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Brett,

are you gunna hit the bomber???

levinge
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Will see when I hit the water, but plan at this stage is to head out wide to Moonraker and the Bomber (they are only a few NM's apart so should be fun).

All depends on how long its going to take to get out there as I'm not hitting the water until around 11:30am, have to wait for my brothers flight to arrive from Bris Vegas, going straight from the Airport to the Ramp (keen isn't he!!!)

If the water is good I should make quick time out...

If its ordinary I will hit the shoals and back of Maggie after the macks etc...

disorderly
03-11-2008, 07:23 PM
If its ordinary I will hit the shoals and back of Maggie after the macks etc...

No chance of that bloke....It's gonna be a real sweet day on the water tomorrow.;)..gunna hit the reef as well...:)...

good luck to ya...

Scott

levinge
03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Same to you Scott, Hope you bag out early and are sitting back with a cool one mid arvo

Brett

goddy100
05-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Scott,
just wondering if we can take our own rods?? Recently picked up a tld25 which I want to give a run.

Goddy

Scott nthQld
05-11-2008, 01:21 PM
yeah mate, you can bring your own rods along.

His gonna give me a call this arvo after work to find out all the finer details, I'll keep you posted.

Scott nthQld
05-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Still got 2 spots available if anyone's still interested

Scott nthQld
05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
OK just spoke to the operator.

We need to be at the boat by 4.40am for the safety briefing to be ready to depart at 5am.

Directions to the boat as follows:

head down Palmer st, turn left at the round a bout to take you past Angus Smith marine and the Motor boat and yacht club, at the end of the street turn left and park in front of the units there, the boat will be on the water in front of telstra.

Cash will be needed for payment, he has no eftpos or credit facilities on board.

PS just filled another spot, one still left if anyone is still interested.

Scott nthQld
10-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Ok, so as the booked people heard, old mate came down with the shingles and the charter was called off.

At the moment if anyone still wants to make it happen, I think it would be prudent to wait until the skipper gets better before we discuss another date. He's going to ring me when he's better, and said he's going to take us a bit wider to Davies, a reef I've fished before and absolutely cleaned up on trout, I just about bagged out in under an hour falling one fish short, before they went off the chew.

After heading out with Rod yesterday, it was just as well we didn't fork out our hard earned, I mean yeah the weather was good and there were plenty of shows, but the fish just weren't on the chew, so a blessing in disguise I think.

Keep an eye on this thread, as soon as I hear anything, I will make a post with some new dates to consider.

levinge
10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Scott, this skipper seems to have more bad luck than Murphy!!!!

Pack an extra lifejacket, you might need it!!!!

Looking at the weather, great for the weekend and guess who is working Sat/Sun, yep ME. Good luck with the Charter and after all the false starts, sickness, bad backs etc, I hope you guys bag out.

Scott nthQld
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
well its funny really, apparently hurting his back is what triggered off the shingles in the first place, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Shingles lasts for a couple of weeks at best, so it'll be a while before we start considering anything else.

levinge
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
You might get a feed in time for Christmas!!!!