PDA

View Full Version : mounting bowmount

SNARKER73
09-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I am looking getting a bowmount for the hornet.Do i need to have a special plate or will it bolt straight on to the bow?

SNARKER73
09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
had look cant find any pics but

have a bit of a search of some pics of some hornets and you should come up with atleast 5 diffrent way to go about it

JT
09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I have had a RT55 AP Minn Kota bolted directly to the front of my 400 Hornet for around 2 1/2 years with no problems. You can only use three of the bolt holes but that doesn't seem to matter. I have lost the use of one side of my anchor well (split hatches) but that's cool, means that if somebody wants to steal it they need to take the hatch cover off first before they can even start getting to the nuts. And it the closed hatch also makes a great place to mount the front sounder, the transducer is located on the electrics motor housing.

I have included a couple of pics of it mounted from the front and behind. When i first mounted it I was using a quick release plate, but its gone now, but that photo gives you a good idea of exactly where to motor sits.

You'll notice that the electric is mounted on the port side so my view from from the console when underway is not impeded by the electric. Its also angled so when the electric is stowed the head unit sits as far over to the left as possible to leave the front deck as clear as it can be.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers

John