PDA

View Full Version : all sprorts rumour

trueblue
08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
spoke to a manager at an All Sprorts store today who refuted the recent rumour that their stores were going out of fishing tackle.

he also told me that at the end of August there will be some brilliant deals coming up when they revamp their fishing tackle range

cheers

Mick

Bronson
08-07-2008, 09:41 PM
i could of told you that

bron

Braddles
09-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I spoke to the manager of A.M.A.S at Macgregor (Kessels rd, Brisbane) yesterday re/- fishing.... he said

1. Gulp buckets, as far as he knew, were always 29.95, and certainly at his store.

2. Fishing sections will vary depending on the store, and what the demographics of the surrounding area is. He said if the manager is into fishing, the store will reflect that. Clearly this manager wasnt. He did use the example that in higher socioeconomic areas, they will stock more high end tennis raquets, and in lower socioeconomic areas, the people tend to buy more designer shoes, so they will have more shoes. Weird but fact, apparently.

I went their chasing a Trynos 30 2 speed. They had the single speed, but priced approx double at what I can import the 2 speed from the USA.

Went to BCF at Springwood - and well.... I wont go there. Needless to say... so many staff... so little clue.....

Oh - one last thing - KMart at Sunnybank has buckets of gulps - but only selected buckets at $19.95. I got a bucket of mullet. lol...

Blackened
09-07-2008, 06:22 AM
G'day

Braddles, thats just business regards their range and surrounding areas. Why stock stuff that won't sell?

@mart at capalaba has the best fishing range, as the staff there in that section are die hards.

Cannon hill is also pretty good.

Dave

Outsider1
09-07-2008, 08:07 AM
G'day

Braddles, thats just business regards their range and surrounding areas. Why stock stuff that won't sell?

@mart at capalaba has the best fishing range, as the staff there in that section are die hards.

Cannon hill is also pretty good.

Dave

Yep,

that is my experience too.

The one on Kessels road used to be very good 5 or 6 years ago also. Must have lost their die hards!.

Cheers

Dave

trueblue
09-07-2008, 08:48 AM
i could of told you that

bron

ya didn't though did ya...

lots of people I know have been hearing that these stores were going to quit the fishing lines all together, and a store manager told me that it had become a concern to them because it was becomeing a widespread rumour around town.

good to hear otherwise, and will be interesting to see what special deals they come up with during their promotion.

cheers