PDA

View Full Version : a few squire and a big zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

breamnut
07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
got the call from a mate that we were going to go for a fish when he finished work so we got onto the water by 3pm. gary and his dad were abord with gary using 5 gulp sardine his dad using pillies and swapped between 6 gulp grubs and 5 jerk shads. we hit up a few closer reefs in about 30m of water and just prior to this trip i had my SOL 2500 spooled up with 150yrds of 20lb tuff line.
a few casts into the sesh and hit grub was smashed and line screamed of at an alarming rate! after about 10sec of line peeling of and no sigh of slowing down we quickly started the motor and followd the big fish, i screwed the drag right up but still all you could here was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz anyway after about 1m of this fish peelin line with us following it trying to stop it it blew me away on a bomie. i knew i wasnt going to land a fish like that as it was probs a very big kingy but the bomie cut of 100yrds of my new line i just spend $40 on:'(:'(
so with another 50yrd of braid left we kep casting away untill we got onto a big school of squire that were lovin the 5'' gulp in sardine. (no nuculer chicken here!)
the squire just came onto the chew and we were smakin them one after the other and they were a great eating size. after we had 3 nice squire each we started releasing them ''some releasing them selves:P) before garyies dad finally hooked up fot the first time exept it was an eel::).
just before it got pritty dark i used a 7'' gulp in pink shine and first cast it was smashed by what flet like a good size nobby.
because i only had 50 or so yrdsof line left i went a bit hard and after a great run the 7/0 tt heavy wire hook was straightend:-/:o
anyway we went in abut 5:30 with a good feed. oh and one of my squire was smashed by another big kingie on the way i and he was f^&#ted up lol8-)
the final tally me-5 squire
gary-2 squire
garyies dad- 1 eel :P it was great because i think he is going to buy a plastics set up lol had a few undersize stuff to

breamnut
07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
oh and the pics

catfish55
07-07-2008, 08:05 PM
where abouts are you fishing brisbane toowoomba mars ????

MeePee_99
07-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Nice work breamnut, gotta love catching snapper on plastics with light gear!!!!

breamnut
08-07-2008, 07:11 AM
just fishing of tweed, have a look at the middle photo the squire on top was the one that got hammerd

tailorboi99
08-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Unlucky about missing that big fella. Great snapper too, delicous.