PDA

View Full Version : Does your boat stay undercover?

Skusto
07-07-2008, 05:12 PM
hey all just curious on what alot of u guys do with your boats once u have purchased them have you built a shed to store your beloved boat or does it sit out in the weather.?

As i know of 2 boats in my street that sit out in the weather that a well over 100k boats and being only 3 years old the look like more like 6?

When we got our boat the main reasoon why went with the barcrusher was so we could put it in the shed. I would of made a poll but dont know how to or cant? just curious as to if the majority of u boys have built big sheds to store your big boats?

TimiBoy
07-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Mine's outside but she gets polished a couple of times a year. The shed I would need is... substantial...

Cheers,

Tim

bluefin59
07-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Mine lives in the double lock-up garage when not in use that way i can be ready to go anytime ,no loading gear in and out of the boat and forgetting things ...matt

Lancair
07-07-2008, 05:21 PM
My little tinny is in the shed for the first Yr and a bit of owning her. Soon to be put outside though. :(

SWMBO has demanded I use the expensive cover I had made for the boat.

BrettyJ
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I just built a 3 bay $20000 shed so I could get mine under cover, the bloody boat only cost me $24k. I also needed the storage space.

Seahorse
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
mine always in shed.

mookyandlumpy
07-07-2008, 05:45 PM
no shed mine is under the car port , and i drive a company car so its outside all the time ,

Skusto
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I just built a 3 bay $20000 shed so I could get mine under cover, the bloody boat only cost me $24k. I also needed the storage space.

yeah we were originally goin to buy a 6.2 noble but when we outlayed the costs of the boat plus the new shed to go with it it came up at around 90k so the bar crusher saved alot us alot of coin in the end!

MeePee_99
07-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Car port (kick dads car out and now its my boat and mum's car) Now dads boat and car are in the shed!!!!

DAVE_S
07-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I keep mine under a carport witch is soon to be partly closed in and a concrete slab going down with 24/7 watch dog .

tunaticer
07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I used keep my boat in the safest place in the world.... my mother in laws garage.....not even i could get to take it out.

Thankfully i bought a new house and built a shed / workshop to house the poor thing these days.

Jack.

MyWay
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Skusto
here is how my 560 sleeps ..

next door neighbour wont let me build shed >:(

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn101/mywayphotos/DSCF1120.jpg

Skusto
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
that would suck mate having to put the tarp over every time hate it when people are like that.i thought that would be the drama with some of you guys whether it be council or neighbours... sucks when u have neighbours like that. we have one like that behind us! but what can u do either move or make them move.. :D

ozscott
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Mines outside - the shed for the Vagabond would be a big blight on my front yard and I cant fit her under the house even with canopy removed...I polish her though and keep a cover over the open area where the canopy doesnt cover...but I wouldnt mind a boat bra type thingy...used to use a tarp but it was bloody massive and took two of us to get it on and 8 occ straps to tie it down and in the end its just a pain.

Cheers

Luc
07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
In the garage so I can just hitch and go.

Car and ute live in the driveway.

Luc

trueblue
07-07-2008, 07:29 PM
mine is inside a shed, although when I think it is going to be used it spends a lot of time outside ready to go

MyWay
07-07-2008, 07:31 PM
that would suck mate having to put the tarp over every time hate it when people are like that.i thought that would be the drama with some of you guys whether it be council or neighbours... sucks when u have neighbours like that. we have one like that behind us! but what can u do either move or make them move.. :D

is not to bad it take me only 5 to 10 minutes to cover it me self

death_ship
07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
mines in a carport i got from the trading post for $300 and raised it a meter so i dont need to drop the rocket launchers and closed in the sides with free sheeting from job sites. cheap as chips, just a bit of weekend work and she was done.

Mtx
07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Built a car port and a second driveway.

jtpython
07-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Mines in the shed and don't like leaving her out too long.
Once she's dried and everything taken out of her back into the shed she goes then canopy goes up again to keep everything straight (clears)

Skusto
07-07-2008, 07:57 PM
is not to bad it take me only 5 to 10 minutes to cover it me self

thats not to bad then wouldnt turn u off taking the boat out then another thing that has to be done when u get back.
thats what happens with us all the cars stay out side and the boat gets half ther shed with my other car. cars can take the weather alot better.

Would be good if we could stand everything up in our shed but as it was we have had to get rid of the old door need to get another door made up still trying to figure that one out as the boat with windscreen down only clears the top by about 50mm.

tenzing
07-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I keep the victory in the garage.
I added a second jockey wheel right up front so I can drop it down till the front of the trailer nearly touches the ground.
The targa folds down and we push her in, then wind her back up on to the main jockey wheel so the weight is not all on the front axle.
Can keep all the gear in, fiddle with the electronics , And even have a safe refuge if shewhomustbeobeyed is on the prowl.
Cheers Brendan

griz066
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Yup mine is in the shed much to the disgust of the minister for war and finance

dreemon
07-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Mine is like My Way's and have had to put elect pvc conduet to shape it so it doesnt fill up with rain water, the garage is full of everything ,

datamile
07-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Still trying to get a decent price on a carport. Wife doesn't want a shed in her garden.

Currently under tarp which has pershised after 8 months, and now under a second sheet with tent poles. Boat 2.32 wide , garage door 2.38...Just little tight for me.

Mr__Bean
07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Mine is stored outdoors too.

But I am very fortunate to have a very understanding neighbour, he let me move the fence over 450mm so that I could get the boat around the back (passed the house).

Not many neighbours would let you do that and I am extremely grateful for his offer which I didn't even have to ask him for, he just saw me storing the boat out the front and being concerned for its security.

It keeps fresh fish on his table whenever we come home with some in the cooler.

- Darren

Poodroo
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
My boat resides in the back yard under trees with a big tarp tied on with octopus straps so it is well covered.

Poodroo

Tazmaniac
08-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Sadly my pride and joy sits out in the weather, spent all my money on the boat and the cost to build something to house a 22 foot hardtop is just TOO much !

garman1
08-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Mine is in the garage, locked up, but setup ready to go, I only need to get the esky ready, then hook the car up to it. The car is under the carport outside.

Isn't that the way it is supposed to be???????

Cheers Garry

TheRealAndy
08-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Mine is also locked up in the garage ready to go. My car (new) sits in the driveway and the wifes goes in the other side of the garage when I am not constructing casting decks for the boat (like I am at the moment).

About to buy a new boat (6m) which will fit under a custom built carport down the side of the house. Thats if I can ever get a draftsman to come around and draw up the plans.

Scott Ashe
08-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Hi all,
My '07 410 allycraft is parked on the our driveway, with a boat cover, I tried to park in the garage, but my parents won't let me.

Cheers
Scott

Waraba Mick
08-07-2008, 08:00 AM
At my current home mine has a lock up garage,at my last place not enough garages for cars and boat so boat went in pergola.I must say it felt pretty dam good to be able to stare at the boat from the lounge, kitchen,dining and family rooms.The fun police was never as keen as i was about it though. My mates wife called it the water feature.

Mick.

Getout
08-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I built an 8m shed and then looked around for a boat that fitted!
I have only 100mm to spare. Needed a folding targa top and a low slung trailer.

PADDLES
08-07-2008, 09:14 AM
mine's out in the weather at the moment because this new one doesn't fit under our existing carport like the old one used to. but new house is on the way with big carport hanging off the side so she'll go straight under there soon. my old boat stayed beautiful from being under cover, the front deck on this one is getting caned by the weather. i'm thinking a call to mr blackened might be the go before i wheel it into the new place.

timddo
08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
mines sits in a gable roof double carpot with sides. It built her for $2000 (including the slab.She is 3.6 meters high and 6mx6m, so nothing has to be taken off.

johnny roger
08-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a 4 bay shed, but it only has 3 roller doors. the boat lives in one of the bays, the nissan in the other bay, and ride on mower in the other. the bay with no roller door, (all closed in) is used for storage of camping/fishing gear. the shed used to be a bit of a work shop, now it is a storage shed. am planning to add another roller door, and put an extra roller door on back of the shed so i can just drive straight in, un hitch the boat, and keep driving through....one day.
John

Dreamweaver
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
My Cuddy Cab is outside and the weather does play havoc with the large fordeck - I've acid washed it and polished it, but still not a brilliant shine :-/

Twisted_Pair
08-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Mine's in a really big shed on racks at Meridien Marinas (Horizon Shores), just a phone call away. T_P

Kleyny
08-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Mine's in a really big shed on racks at Meridien Marinas (Horizon Shores), just a phone call away. T_P
i would hate to have that bill.

mines under a half assed leanto at the moment until i can build a shed.

neil

ronnien
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
mine sits under the house all locked up just throw in the esky & hook up the elec"s & away i go.

ron

Mad_fisherman
08-07-2008, 07:54 PM
The boat lives in the Garage along with the bike, cars = driveway!

Cheers,

MAD!

lunchcutter
08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
my boat lives in garage while my car lives out

tin can marlin
08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I keep my rig under cover.

Pirate_Pete_Tas
08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
My Polycraft 5.3 lives in the shed beside my work ute. I dont even have to drop the UHF antenna. Its great for working on it & sitting in drinking beer ::) ::)

Savage Scorpion
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Built a ten foot high shed when building the new house in 1998 and the old boat fit in no worries with the canopy up. Bought a second hand Savage Scorpion about 14 months ago and because I built up the concrete by about 41/2 inches it wont go in by about 2 inches. Have to undo the screws in the canopy every time I get it out or put it back. Not a real hassle but it is a little annoying.

Greg

tunaticer
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Built a ten foot high shed when building the new house in 1998 and the old boat fit in no worries with the canopy up. Bought a second hand Savage Scorpion about 14 months ago and because I built up the concrete by about 41/2 inches it wont go in by about 2 inches. Have to undo the screws in the canopy every time I get it out or put it back. Not a real hassle but it is a little annoying.

Greg

Can you mount your axle on top of the springs to give yourself those two inches?

Jack.