PDA

View Full Version : The Beast Master Refit.

BeastMaster
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
After about 2 months of refitting the BeastMaster has changed from a white targa top to a black open wheel house cofiguration - I'll try and put the before and after photos on the same message.

kitty_cat
07-07-2008, 03:53 PM
looks good mate just was looking at her next door at the trimmers , as soon as i seen the hard top had to look very impresive and great layout in boat

BeastMaster
07-07-2008, 04:03 PM
That was fast work Kitty - here's a few more photos now that I've worked out how to put them up. Yes I'm getting all the bunks recovered and a new cabin door.

BeastMaster
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Here's a few more photos.
1. a female base that fits common spigot bases for a Scotty down rigger and a deck winch, these are fitted to both sides.
2.The original bait board and plumbed live bait well.
3.This is a easy way to put a through hull transducer on a plate boat without cutting a dirty great hole in the bottom of it , and it works great in 90 m plus of water.
4.over head rod storage, docking lights etc.
Beast

bobp
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
looks great bet you are all :):):):):):):):):)
you would never know it was the same boat

bob

Outsider1
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
That Transducer fitting is very clever. No way it is going to get knocked out of alignment either. I assume it does not send a tail up either? so solves another common problem.

The boat looks mickey mouse by the way. The black highlights the lines and the hardtop is something I would love to have.

Cheers

Dave

Mad-One
07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Very impressive. Doesn't even look like the same boat. Should make things more enjoyable

Cheers Mad

pursuit001
07-07-2008, 05:21 PM
looks mint mate well done and a great looking boat

bluefin59
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Looks great and i like the transducer idea ..matt

bugman
07-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Looks like new.

I had the same transducer setup in my old Lightning Platey. Like yours mine read fine out to 150m+ but it didn't like the speed. Once I got above about 18knots she would give up the ghost. I had two sounders on board so luckily the second black and whit version did the job on the move around. The Furono colour came into her own we we slowed.

John Palermo helped me set mine up.

Brett

roz
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Well worth the effort Neil.

I can only sit back and wish...one day perhaps!!!

No doubt it will get you to the home of the giant grassies in comfort.

Great looking boat!!!

r.

death_ship
07-07-2008, 07:41 PM
cool name and a good old movie too

BeastMaster
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Outsider 1 - yes no rooster tail at all , but it took a bit to get it right see below.

Bugman -Yes there was a few tricks in getting good performance at speed with the transducer,had to have the bottom hole exactly the right size - infact had to physically push the transducer into the hole , and it had to be set perfectly flush on the bottom, I put windscreen silastic to seal it in place so there was no air gaps around it then a bit of a touch up with wet and dry and it was perfect,the bracket is angled even so slightly forward. You'll also notice that it was put right on a flat rib on the hull so it gets uninterrupted water.I also had a major win by making the advance setting on the sounder quicker. Like most transducers mounted at the rear it also performs a lot better at speed when you trim the motor out a bit and get the back end in the water.

S ' Lips - you know who I mean -bring on that big grassy.
Beast