PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa saltist HRF baitcaster???

jayvee
07-07-2008, 01:55 PM
hi all,
just after any info if anyone owns one of these reels, do you rate them.
am seriously considering one but want to do a bit of homework before hand!
cheers JAYVEE

johno r
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Just got 2 new barra outfits looked the saltist but ended up getting Daiwa Advantage 153HSTA and i am rapped in them verry smooth cast great and feel good in the hand after 8 hiurs casting ,i have mine on the advantage rods and find it very well ballanced

richieboy
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
HRF: Hard Rock Fish

Heard very posotive things about them.
All the guides up here (NT) use them due to there very robust nature. Cast well, plenty of drag and durable. I'll be getting one as my next purchse.

Richie

BARRAkid
07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't think you are going to hear many bad things about this reel mate i had one then upgraded to a zillion and the hrf was a very good reel handles barra with ese and also great in salt water ;)

killitfillit
07-07-2008, 07:52 PM
had one for almost a year now and i'm very pleased with it.casts light lures well and is smooth as silk.i run mine on a loomis c644 with 30lb fins for jacks and barra and love it

Steve B
07-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Jayvee,

I agree with Johno, I now have 3 of the TD advantage HSTA153 now specifically for barra impoundment fishing. They have EXACTLY the same internals, and drag system and the HRF, but they have an extra bearing somewhere than HRF. Cast smoother, have the swept handle like the zillion and generally look sexier!!....for the same price as the HRF!!
Either or are OK!! You wont be disappointed if you do go the HRF. Just another same price option

Steve

pump 'em hard
29-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I also have a HRF. Great reel I'm stoked with it. I have it on a teamdaiwa 6'6 MHFB rod spooled with 30Lb finns. I got a mack the other day off the wharf here in Seisia that went 115cm. The only thing i would say is the drag isn't as smooth as i feel it should be. On low drag settings it is really good but once you start giving her some stick it tends to be a little jerky for my liking. Throws small weight soft plastics beautifully.
Dave