PDA

View Full Version : Pine River Clean

shayned
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
The Pine River clean up is on again, this year it will be held on the 10th of August and still at the usual launch points. I will post the details up shortly.

shayned
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Sunday 10 August 2008
Times 1.30pm - 4pm
Meeting @ Leis Park and Dohles Rocks Boat Ramp on the Nth Pine. Bob Bell Park on Sth Pine

Safety gear will be provided at meeting points and free sausage sizzle and drinks to finish.

Do we want a small meet and greet Chasing Flathead prior to the cleanup??

shayned
08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
OK if we have enough people interested in doing a little bit of good for the environment and want to do a bit of a prefish and meet greet prior to the clean up two local companies will put up some prizes to help make it a little more interesting.

Alex from the locally made Viking Kayaks will donate a new Kayak Trolley as a prize for the kayakers doing the meet and greet (Chasing Pine River Flatties)

David and Gareth from TT Lures, the manufacturers of those deadly little switch blade lures will donate a prize pack for the anglers doing the prefish and cleanup from Tinnies or the bank.

Any thoughts????

clone trooper
09-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm trying to make that weekend free so i may attend this event. what you have planed sounds great and I will let you know what I am doing closer to that weekend.
cheers brad.

snasman
25-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Shayned Ill be there with my daughter for the pre fish and clean up. Great idea I wish it happened more often.

baitwaster
25-07-2008, 01:43 PM
I am pretty sure I can make it to the lizard challenge and the clean-up.

Lapras
29-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Shayned,

I've should be there for both events. Please let me know if there is anything you need.

Dave

shayned
02-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks folks for the support.

OK There are around 20 fishos from different areas confirmed to show for a flathead targeted prefish. People are picking their own start times but are coming back into Dohles Rocks at around 12.00 - 12.30. The council will provide a feed at the bbq area east of the boat ramp and some drinks at this point in time so we are all refueled to start the rubbish collection part.

As confirmed earlier Alex from Viking Kayaks will donate one of their grouse Kayak Trolley's as a prize for the participants in Kayaks. Also David and Gareth from TT Lures will be putting together a prize pack for the participants doing their thing from the bank and or tinnies. [I did my best to get some of the new model Switch Blades but they wont be out of production in time, bugger]

After a feed and the prizes we will kick off at 1.30pm for the clean up part and finish around 4.00 - 4.30pm.

With a little luck we may get 30 or so people on the day and I did try to put a challenge out to some green groups to see if they could match us for volunteers on the day with no luck. Guess it's up to the fishos again.

Again thanks to everyone who can make it, as this annual event does make a difference, Graeme from Moreton Bay Council who organises the event tells me the volume of rubbish collected each year has started to drop off.

BrandonH
03-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Missed this post earlier on but its a great idea Shayne!!!! Should be able to make both the M&G and Cleanup;)

Cheers
Brandon...

clone trooper
06-08-2008, 07:47 PM
good to see more people are signing up for this :) I'm locked in for it. I'll be fishing / cleaning around the gravel works if anyone whants to come and say hello.

Mark Malcolm
08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Wowsers!! completely missed this post until I saw the link in the now 15 page Bream fight!! I will be there for sure for both pre-fish and clean up.

What equipment will be needed for the clean up? Just landing net and gloves?

Cheers guys great initiative in cleaning up the waterways!!

Mark

clone trooper
08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
hello Mark. there is more info on the brisbane fishing online site (BFO). there are a number of us turning up ,great venue for all of us that the pine is our local to meet up. hope to see u on the water.
cheers brad.