PDA

View Full Version : Gold coast Seaway

Y-Not
05-07-2008, 08:05 PM
You will probbly all laugh but I will ask anyway.

Never having crossed the seaway is it an all tides option? I am looking at heading out early gents hours on monday and coming back mid afternoon.

Some seaways I have been over have definatly not been an all of tide proposition due to silting issues.

toymod
06-07-2008, 06:30 AM
no problems with that

Jabba_
06-07-2008, 08:21 AM
You will probably all laugh but I will ask anyway.

Never having crossed the seaway is it an all tides option? I am looking at heading out early gents hours on Monday and coming back mid afternoon.

Some seaways I have been over have definatly not been an all of tide proposition due to silting issues.
The Gold Coast Seaway is a little dodgy at the moment, with shallow shoals just out from the southern wall, extending towards the center off the channel... The last time I was out the shoul was only 2.7m dead in places and with a low tide of .15 at 5:30am on Monday and a 2m sweil,, there is a very likely chance it will break on that shoal.... My best advice to you, if you have no GC Seaway experience is to head out after the change off tide,,,, say 6:00am..... I would even strongly suggest you head down there today and take a walk down the south wall see how the water is behaving with a run out tide and the new swell that has arrived.... Better still. Put your boat in the water and go fora test drive during daylight hours and get a first hand feel of the seaway......

Jabba_
06-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Check out the Seaway today at 3:30pm-4:30pm... That will be a good indication what it will be like tomorrow morning...

Y-Not
06-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. I checked it out today ad decided to leave it till a flatter day to try it out will head for areas I know up in the bay instead. Thanks again

Trevor