PDA

View Full Version : New Grant Guide to Fishes

Vindicator
05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Has anyone got the new version of grants yet? I put my name down on their website to receive one when it came out. I think they said it was to be released by the end of the first quarter of the year.
I guess I should go to the website and check it out myself.

Cheers
Kezza

Mrs Ronnie H
06-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Kezza
I to ordered one and was hoping it would be out by now. Like you suppose I should check the web but actually thought they would contact you if it was pre ordered.

Ronnie

Mrs Ronnie H
06-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey kezza
just looked on web site and doesn't seem to be out yet.
i replied to the email from Grants asking if they could give an update.

Will let you know if i hear
Ronnie

Flatterhead
06-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi,
I ordred one as well, and recieved and email from him saying should be the end of july, exactly what his website says.....

TimiBoy
06-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I sent a cheque, and it was sent back, with a note saying they'd let me know. I sure hope they do...

Cheers,

Tim

Vindicator
06-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks guys and gals,
I did actully get off my butt and have a look on their website and see it has been delayed until July. Lets hope!

Cheers
Kezza

Skusto
07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
maybe asking a stupid question here sorry, is the book just on legal size limits and the likes or?

nuggstar
07-07-2008, 05:01 PM
bloody great book. i cant wait for the new one

hooknose
07-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Skusto, Grants "Guide to fishes" is the definitive field guide to fish species inhabiting Queensland waters. Have the old 1978 version and it is still very useful. Ern Grant who produces the book is a marine biologist who was special advisor to dept of harbours and marine. The book is well put together with top photos and illustrations, in depth descriptions (full scientific breakdown for accurate identification of species) and history as well as fishing methods etc for species and any and all relevant info.
It is a fantastic book if you are a fisherman !
Would never fish the reef without a copy in the wheelhouse !!!
Cheers !

BrewGuru
07-07-2008, 07:44 PM
I spoke to Mr Grant, he lives somewhere at Redcliffe and he assured me that the new editionwould be out at the end of July, he was having difficuty digitising the new edition, because thats the way the pulishers do it now days......top bloke!

onerabbit
07-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Would never fish the reef without a copy in the wheelhouse !!! ( quote)

Grant's Guide is a great reference book, good detail & description.

MY only moan was it mainly concentrated on more Northern fish

I hope there are a few more otherwise unmentioned Southern fish in the new one..

Muzz