PDA

View Full Version : yesmad sportfishing

blue_mako
05-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Been saving some coin for a while for a nomad sportfishing trip, but it was getting expensive sounding so a mate of mine decided we would head out and do it ourselves, the target fish were massive wahoos GT marlin and a host of other things so armed with all the right gear and lots of fuel we planned a couple of nite trip out to the outer reefs.

We didnt have enough fuel to get to kenn reef but cato island was no problem, saving best pics for the mags but here is one of them.

It was a long way but a hardcore trip and wont be forgotten in a hurry!

cheers Troy.

Ninja
05-07-2008, 02:21 PM
I though you were joking when I saw you at the pertol station until you pulled al those jerry cans to fill up. Where did you actually sleep?

snapperbasher
05-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey Mate,

What boat did you run out there in. If it was that tinny your not wrong about YESMAD sportfishing cato's near on 400km from the coast. Keen to here more about the trip.

Cheers Lochie

breamnut
05-07-2008, 07:02 PM
blooooooody ripper of a gt troy! very very jelouse lol
na bet it went a bit harder then the local brissy bream lol
give us a bit more info what rod/reel combo what lure and how long it took to get in...
again bloody ripper

ffejsmada
05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
hahaha in mackmaulers boat??????::) ::)

You're teaching the boy well Rob!!;)

Pistol_P
05-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Rob,Ya better get one of those cages made up for ya boat like the boats on Nomad....;D ;D .....Awesome GT that fella..!!!

Pete

Spot82
05-07-2008, 08:19 PM
That is a monster GT, can't wait to see more pics and read more about the trip. As others have said what size boat were you in?

tazza_505
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I have to admit, seeing a fish that size is a bit of a dampener after seeing the Blue Marlin you guys get. Did you end up landing those massssive Wahoo? Or did they just keep wrecking the lures?

bundymal
05-07-2008, 09:02 PM
cato island a top place to fish .went out there as a deckie on crusader 111 out of bundaberg .caught heaps of fish , and got paid for the experience .would love to see more pics .

cheers

BARRAkid
05-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Great GT mate please tell me you didn't catch it on that sealine or 323 or whater that reel is in the pic ;D :-/
Would be good if there was a bit more info

cheers BK

blue_mako
05-07-2008, 09:50 PM
The tackle was one of Robos tld 25s mated up to a 24kg live fibre rod and a lively lure connected to the business end. Top quality spin gear was left wanting with smoked drag washers so the tld carved its niche there.

Ninja, we took the drums out of the boat on arrival mate, wasnt the hilton but not bad.

Yes we did land some MONSTER HOO tim will catchup soon and fill ya in on it all.

vertico
05-07-2008, 10:23 PM
top quality spin gear with smoked drag washers.... hahahahaha
top gt mate
sean

abbot_86
06-07-2008, 05:48 PM
top quality spin gear with smoked drag washers.... hahahahaha
top gt mate
sean

i had a chuckle aswell ;)

work2fish
07-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Good effort boys

W2F

trueblue
07-07-2008, 09:27 AM
great looking fish, looking forward to the read in the magazine

vertico
07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
what magazine ?

blue_mako
07-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Top quality mail order vert.

ps chuckle.

MyWay
07-07-2008, 10:39 PM
what magazine ?

sean Picture magazine ;D

grahams
08-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I don't know if you guys are modern day adventurers or bloody idiots. I presume 400 kms offshore you had all the right gear like sat phone, EPIRBS, self draining hull, enough provisions for a long stay, twin motors, back up GPS, 2 compasses, back up batteries, spare fuel filters, boat repair gear....maybe a liferaft?
Were you meeting someone out there?
Our local helicopter rescue guys just pulled 3 blokes from the water on Saturday, they don't have the range to go to Cato.
We have been very lucky up in CQ as I have seen more and more disrespect for the sea and its conditions, with offshore distance only limited by fuel capacity. Although I don't know the exact details of our recent accident the guys got in trouble at night with a big south easter predicted which duly arrived and made the search by the coastguard dangerous in 4m chop in pitch black, risking their lives.

As they "Fishing isn't life or death...its much more important than that!"

Pistol_P
08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't know if you guys are modern day adventurers or bloody idiots. I presume 400 kms offshore you had all the right gear like sat phone, EPIRBS, self draining hull, enough provisions for a long stay, twin motors, back up GPS, 2 compasses, back up batteries, spare fuel filters, boat repair gear....maybe a liferaft?
Were you meeting someone out there?
Our local helicopter rescue guys just pulled 3 blokes from the water on Saturday, they don't have the range to go to Cato.
We have been very lucky up in CQ as I have seen more and more disrespect for the sea and its conditions, with offshore distance only limited by fuel capacity. Although I don't know the exact details of our recent accident the guys got in trouble at night with a big south easter predicted which duly arrived and made the search by the coastguard dangerous in 4m chop in pitch black, risking their lives.

As they "Fishing isn't life or death...its much more important than that!"

;D ;D arrghh the boys are gonna love this one...;D ;D

Pete

Didley
09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Might be a good idea to take the Dominator next time boys;D;D

blue_mako
09-07-2008, 10:31 AM
;D ;D arrghh the boys are gonna love this one...;D ;D

Pete

ROFL HAHA. Spot on Pete. Spot on.

Troy

Reefmaster
09-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Hook line and sinker:) Good to see Rob training his crew well;D

Didley
09-07-2008, 01:25 PM
what magazine ?

Robbies got the centrefold in "Cleo"

Az
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM

hahaha
now that would be a sight for sore eyes!!

blue_mako
11-07-2008, 01:48 PM

Must be some homo thoughts running through your head Didums.

Troy

Didley
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Must be some homo thoughts running through your head Didums.

Troy

U know me too well. toyboy