PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Outboard parts

Mexikan
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Does anybody know a reliable distributor of Johnson OMC parts in Australia or America.Everyone I have emailed hasnt replied or given me the cold shoulder.
THe motor I have is a 79 model and I have all the part details so I dont know what the problem is.I would apppreciate any help.
Mex

bushbeachboy
04-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Mex, give NQ Outboard Wreckers in Townsville a call. They seem to have stacks of older engine parts.

Hornet Rider
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Mex, I've had to get a variety of OMC parts for older 2 strokes (25 & 50 hp) over the past 4 yrs & one bloke who has been able to get them in a reasonable time, at competitive prices is Mal Eastman at Creek Marine Alderley (Brisbane) on 33541475. Could be others also but Mal's always done the right thing for me.

dreemon
04-07-2008, 07:44 PM
also try Yatla wreakers; heard they have alot of the older parts,

John Buoy
04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Mate these guys in the states have it all check them out.
http://www.crowleymarine.com/parts.cfm
Click on the johnson tag then enter your details and off you go.

Regards Frank

BM
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Mex, why not simply ring any of the hundred or more BRP dealers around the country?? They will supply you with the required parts.

Cheers

Mark-P
04-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Have you tried leisure marine ?

Mark

Mexikan
05-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for your help guys.I prob should have mentioned that the parts I need are gearbox parts and some are seals so they need to be new obviously.I'll give them all a go though even if I can get a price on a second hand gearbox from one of the wreckers.
Mex

Mark-P
05-07-2008, 07:28 AM
I suppose the eaziest way to sell you a new motor would be, to get rid
of older model parts ..... I hope this isn't the case & wish you all the best !!

Mark

Spaniard_King
05-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks for your help guys.I prob should have mentioned that the parts I need are gearbox parts and some are seals so they need to be new obviously.I'll give them all a go though even if I can get a price on a second hand gearbox from one of the wreckers.
Mex

Mate these guys will have what your after qldobw@bigpond.net.au

QLD outboard wreckers.. and they answer emails ;)

BM
05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Mex, most of your bearings (if you need bearings) can be purchased from a bearing shop for about 1/4 the marine pricing. The seals are often available also from bearing shops.

Bearings have their numbers stamped into the bearing and the cone and likewise the seals, so upon removal its only a couple of phone calls to some bearing shops and you will know which parts you can get aftermarker and which parts need to be genuine.

By the way, thats a big trade tip for you mate.......

hookinin
05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Mex you could give steve a call on 0410459155 he is a mobile outboard mechanic from buderim and had his own dealership in WA years ago so probably should have the right contacts and is close to you.
Gaven