PDA

View Full Version : Any one lose a couple of fishing combos off Redcliffe?

ar-we-ther-yet
04-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Trolled up a couple of combos this morning in the kayak. Looks like they havent been in the water too long. So if any one knows who's they are, can they please PM the type of rods reels and fishing line..........and also give a detailed account of how the hell they managed to lose 2 combos, so we can all have a chuckle.;D

SummerTrance
04-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Mate, well done for posting this up and offering to give them back to the rightful owner, if they can be found.

I lost a new combo over the side 2 weeks ago at Mud, and know the pain. If I saw a post like this and it was my gear I would be wrapped.

The world needs more people like you :thumbup:

ar-we-ther-yet
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
What goes around comes around.......I paddled another 100mtrs and hooked up a 68cm Snapper :-).

There would be over $500 worth of gear there and If I lost it I would sure as hell appreciate getting it back. Reels may be still salvageable if you strip and clean them, the rods are all good, the fireline is shot though.

strongy
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Ah yeh, lets see , um rods are real good , reels needed a real good clean so they would work properly , cost me maybe $500 bucks and oh yeh they were spooled with fireline ;D

Hope you find the real owner 8-) Strongy

wazza5262
06-07-2008, 10:48 PM
yes be curious how they end up in the drink.. great theres honost people who offer found gear good on ya cheers wazza

TimiBoy
07-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Paul,

I love posts like this, they help me recover my sorely tested faith in Humanity. Many thanks for your generosity in coming forth on this, and I hope you up your PB Snapper as a result!

I also hope you find the owner, I can't wait to hear the story!!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Foxy4
07-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Good on you Paul. Top effort on the Big Snapper as well. I heard about that one the other day... Hope you can track down the owner...

ar-we-ther-yet
07-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Found the owner today and handed back the gear. Seems he lent them to his brother inlaw, who intern felll out of a kayak and lost it all.::)

Didley
08-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Found the owner today and handed back the gear. Seems he lent them to his brother inlaw, who intern felll out of a kayak and lost it all.::)

Good on ya Paul, I didn't think U stood a chance of finding the owner, great story.
Hope U get the mother of all Snapps as reward;D

BigE
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Good on ya paul for doing the right thing.

BigE

samsnap
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Well done!! May the Snappy Queen reward you!! and to think it was from a fellow Kayaker as well! Good on you! Sammy