PDA

View Full Version : Thong Thing

Thong Thing
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
New 72 y.o. kid on the block, was wondering if any members could give a bit
of info on diving lures and flys to use on Bass and Saratoga in Borumba Dam
Have been to this Dam a Few times ,but only used Poppers and surface flys
Will be going in mid October . Was there in march this year ,Caught lots of
Bass and several Toga,s Any info would be great All Fish Catch and Release..

Whitto
03-07-2008, 09:34 PM
G'Day Thong Thing, Sounds like you have your lure situation already down pat.....keep doing what your doing........although I have to say I have caught Saratoga on Jackall Vibs........must return to Borumba in the near future......Cheers Whitto

Thong Thing
04-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks Whitto, Best Toga so far was 90cm. .it was caught on popper in Cania Dam. Hooked large 90 plus Toga in Borumba on surface fly but it got off alongside boat .which was good as I had the thrill of the fight and didn,t have to hurt it to let it go. any clues on how to put an image here??
Thong Thing..

Pete62
04-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey TT, have u heard of a lure called the "Thong Thing" killer little popper made out of thong rubber, we have had heaps of sucess on the bass with them, the guy who makes them lives in our area (Coffs) but not sure how far he distibutes them. Cheers, Pete.

Whitto
04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks Whitto, Best Toga so far was 90cm. .it was caught on popper in Cania Dam. Hooked large 90 plus Toga in Borumba on surface fly but it got off alongside boat .which was good as I had the thrill of the fight and didn,t have to hurt it to let it go. any clues on how to put an image here??
Thong Thing..
Keep doing what your doing, you don't need any help you have proved that......To put an image on this forum....Go to the main chat page and scan down till u come to Chat page and Internet help section open that up and u will find a section on installing an image in plain simple language....it really is very simple ....good luck and keep braining them at Borumba........Whitto

Thong Thing
04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi Pete62,Also live in coffs area .yes I am the original Thong Thing maker
glad to know you have had good times with them .Have even got Flathead on them.........Regards T.T.

Pete62
04-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Ah, small world, no havn't tried them on flatties to be honest I havn't seen them for a while, r u still making them? Used to get them off Brett at the jetty shop. Always keen for a fish if u r looking for company and my boat is ALWAYS fuelled up. Cheers, Pete.

Thong Thing
04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi, Whitto, thanks for the info on how to on photos ,will give it a try??
Thong Thing..