PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with FishnCrab

Scotth
02-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Here are the photos from our recent trip with the fabulous guys at FishnCrab Mooloolaba. Check out my 87 yr old Grandfather! He had a good day!
Also the kids had a ball! There were 10 of us and the the Guys from FishnCrab were super!

-spiro-
03-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Good stuff...going hard over 80 not many people make it to that age let alone go fishing... Any SPANNERS

TimiBoy
03-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Nice, it must be a blast taking out that much family. The young 'uns, and the young at heart!

Nice fish too, at their age I used to dream about fish like that, had to wait for 40+ to catch one! Your kids are very lucky.;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim

Scotth
03-07-2008, 11:42 PM
It was unreal. The kids had a blast!

Scotth
03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
We had a big feed of crab. On the way out we set the traps and on the way back picked them up. Cooked for us on the trip into Mooloolaba. Pefect. The next night we cooked the lot on the BBQ. Snapper, Sweetlip, Pearlie and Cod plus of course the crab. The old boy was so keen to fish we went out again three times over the next three days. He is from Western NSW so he hates the cold but he was that keen we even went out at night with the Temperature about 14 degrees and windy and rainy. It didnt phase him. Back in NSW old Max spends the winter huddled near the heater. I think he might be conning the Grandmother to mollycoddle him!Interesting guy. His father lived until 98 and his fathers Brother Gordon Williams was the world's last survivor of the Boar War. Uncle Gordon and my Great Grandfather Ronald Williams were also in WW1 but they said they were too old for WW2. Max went to New Guinea and was shot by a sniper through the wrist (lucky) and also blown up by a mine while working a dozer on the Kokoda Track. Only lately does he talk about how it was. I will never forget when I asked him what it was like he said, "I can only explain it like this...Days of shear boredom, punctuated by minutes of shear terror!"

Apollo
04-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Good stuff. He may be putting the word on to sell up and move up.

Fishbait
04-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Great story - I hope I can still be around at this age and be fishing as well - I'm not too sure how my Kwells will go with my Blood Pressure Tablets then at that age? Fantastic report and what a special family you have - your very lucky. Looks like a great day with some good fish for your efforts. Best wishes, Darren.

skipalong
04-07-2008, 10:36 AM
good stuff fellas