PDA

View Full Version : TLD 25 questions

SgBFish
02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
My TLD 25 seems to retrieving all of the line in the centre of the drum is this common?

Also how do I set the drag correctly?

Cheers.
Scott

Cobia Kid
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
usually when u pull in your line u can guide the line on with your thumb, this is a common thing with game reels with no line feeder, and also your drag query, you should set youu drag to 1/3 of your lines breaking strain,( 30lb line=10lb drag). and to set the drag you just=
1) pull the leaver back in to freespool
2) wind the knob on the pivot point of the leaver tighter or looser
3) put the leaver up to strike and test drag
4) if adjusting is required repeat prosses until perfect, weather you have to tighten or loosen drag,
5) any problems just refer to you nearest tackle shop of shimano dealer

Cheers mate,
hope i helped
jamie

SgBFish
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Thank you Cobia Kid

BR65
02-07-2008, 04:24 PM
scott, hows the digit???????? got your envelope in the mail box mate, cheers for that
cheers
brian

SgBFish
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Mate that was way too much dosh, and thanks for the tips. Its always good to learn from a master.

The finger is good thanks, its healing well.

I'll be ready to go next time. Just getting correctly geared up for the next onslaught. I'm going to play with the marker zoom next time to get a better bottom picture or at least the last 20M.

I may have to put this TLD in for a service.

Did you manage any photos?

SgBFish
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Ps

GO QUEENSLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BR65
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
nah, no pics mate, sorry:'(
certainly made a diff on the furuno once we split that screen, I used to run half screen on 2x zoom, the other half on a 30mt to 70mt range, so Im only looking at the bottom 40 meters of water, explains a lot of the readings on those marks we were on on sunday, yeah I know, nice of me to remember that now lol
I believe old mate up at scarby can do wonders with the TLD,s, but he can be a prickly character, just ask tony, otherwise the boys at the caltex at carseldine have allways done the right thing with my reels, includeing the old penn banger I was useing.
knocked over a feed of pearly fillets that nite, bloody noice, ;D

BR65
02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
oopps, nearly forgot

GO THE MAROONS

SgBFish
05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
I now understand why I couldn't load up the drag on my TLD 25 this is the pinion gear which has all of the teeth cleaned off and one of the bearings has seized.
After a service she seems as good as new. ;)
Scott