PDA

View Full Version : Gold coast reefs

Y-Not
01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Just bought a new sounder (Lowrance x515) and thought I would try it out on the goldcoast reefs this weekend. I have never fished any of these reefs before so am wondering what to expect and if there are any suggestions /warnings for the area. I expect to go out through the seaway.:D

Cheers

Trevor

TimiBoy
02-07-2008, 05:48 AM
When you find a show, fish it! If nothing happens, move! Record each spot so you can go back next time. But keep moving if you're not having success, that's critical.

Cheers,

Tim

dreemon
02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
its great to get out fr. seaway, but depends were you're going..... out wide with epirb or inshore to the reefs close to seaway , or south to as far as palmy reef, you can get lucky just traveling and keeping an eye on your new sounder and head towards GPS marks, I go out through tally bar to palmy reef and you get some weird fish there, if your going to anchor just use reef pick, sand anchors get stuck easy, have fun:D

Captain Seaweed
02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
have you got a gps?

Y-Not
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
YES I have both GPS and epirb no charting on gps though:'( (next upgrade i tell myself) I bought one of those 500 mark books a few years ago and never had any luck on or even near any of them though.

Jalova
03-07-2008, 05:40 AM
Hello Y-Not,
If your ever looking for other boats to come out with you some day let me know,
Cheers
8-)

TimiBoy
03-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Try Googling "GPS marks Gold Coast". You'll get generic marks, but they will help you find structure. The 500 mark book is ok too, but only as a starting point.

Maybe you should do a day or two out there just cruising around looking for spots to try next time? Start shallow and go deep - if they ain't biting in 30, they might be in 60?

You'll get there Mate, you will!!

Tim