PDA

View Full Version : need a boat

Matt Bell
30-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I am fishing from the Sunshine Coast off shore and i am looking to by a new boat, i have my eye on 3 types the Kevlacat, Noosacat and Coastalcat all around the 7 to 8m mark, also motor wise Yamy or Suzuki, if anyone has any other boats they think is good i would love to hear

julian1
01-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi Matt, are you looking to purchase new ?
do you need to trailer the boat or will it be moored/dry stacked ?
Yamaha or Suzuki, what ever is the best pricing as both are excellent motors, if your in the 225 size then i would go the Suzuki purely only because they seem a much sweeter engine with more grunt that the Yammie.

cheer's

Julian

skipalong
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
try noosa blue water brokerage they have stuff like that all the time at the marina

Noelm
01-07-2008, 11:49 AM
pretty enviable position to be in I reckon! of the three you mention, I kind of like the Kevlacat over the other two, but would have any of them, same goes for the Motors, toss a coin type of thing, either Motor will give you good service and performance.

Legend82
03-07-2008, 01:28 PM
hey matt
not sure if you have purchased yet but if not get a coastal
my neighbor is bob, the builder of them, i have been in his sons 6m 1, best boat ever, if its a fishing boat you want then you cant go past them
but try get a ride in each and compare
jb

Whitto
03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Matt have u concidered Fisher Boats.....Whitto

O SEA D
25-08-2008, 07:40 PM
What sort of budget do you have? I might know of a 7m Coastalcat with Yamaha motors coming up for sale.

finding_time
25-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Matt have u concidered Fisher Boats.....Whitto

Hey Whitto

Col makes a very nice boat but as Matt seems to be chasing a 7-8m cat the equilivent mono is around 9-10 m and even then will struggle to perform aswell! I dont think Fisher make one that big ?;)

Matt

I own a little Kc (5.2)but if i was looking at sub 7m cat i would seriously consider a Coastal as i still remember how well Ty's ( reefkings) ran. Over 7m it's very differant Noosa has an enclosed cab on it's 7m, big plus imho but once you get to the 8m size i would pick the KC, in that size there awesome! Love to be in the position to choose though!:D

Ian

O SEA D
16-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Still looking for a cat? There is a coastalcat on boatpoint.
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2983434

Dean1
16-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I spotted the same boat this arvo myself! Great buying considering just the hull costs $65 000 to get built. Heard great things about this boat, i was very impressed with the ride the 6m coastal cat gave.