PDA

View Full Version : Zebco Rhino Bait Sensor Reel

spears
30-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Anyone ever heard of these

Zebco Rhino Bait Sensor Reel - RSPBS4
The World's Toughest Tackle.
When we introduced the Rhino brand to the fishing world, the mission was clear: Build the World's Toughest Tackle.
And that's what we did.
Engineered like no other reels in the world, with a new, meaner and tougher attitude, more metal, oversized diecast aluminum
handles and stronger forged-brass gears
We've built these reels as nature built their namesake. . .and when it comes to fishing, there's nothing in the world
that can stop a Rhino. They are, in a word: Indestructible

Rhino RSPBS4 Bait Sensor Features:
3 Bearing drive
Front-adjustable drag system & Rear-adjustable Bait Sensor System
Changeable right or left retrieve
Rugged composite bodyRhino RSPB Spinning Reel Specifications: Model Bearings Line Wt../Capacity lb/Yds RSPB4 3 10/170 - 12/150 - 16/130

Steve B
30-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, but are they shiney !!

spears
30-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, but are they shiney !!
no these aren't

Whitto
01-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Well if their not shiny I want a red one ahhhh!

revs57
01-07-2008, 07:27 AM
I brought a Zebco spinning reel years ago - it didn't even have bushes let alone bearing, all the innards were cast alloy - It had a drag knob on the rear of the gear casing. I was using it on a whiting rod from the beach - it got wet once and the centre shaft action pumped water and sand in through the drag at the rear, to the point that the whole mechanism jammed up. I cleaned it out and was amazed at how agrarian it was in its internals, no bushed or bearing surfaces at all - needless to say it flogged out pretty soon after. Will never go back there.

Cheers

Rhys

spears
01-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Engineered like no other reels in the world
Its a big statement.i too look at this as advertising hype.
or have they made something decent which we are still to discover ..??

revs57
01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Well the one I had was definitiely engineered like no other reel in the world!!!! With the exception of that little innovative primitive jobbie used by the tribesman that has shown up here a few times lately

Sure they may have learned from their earlier hash ups, but I think I'd stay with something proven. I've learned the hard way - spend the money once on a quality product, then you don't have to spend it again, over and over and over

cheers

rhys

spears
01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
spend the money once on a quality product, then you don't have to spend it again, over and over and over
Yes so true

bayfisher
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I brought a Zebco spinning reel years ago - it didn't even have bushes let alone bearing, all the innards were cast alloy - It had a drag knob on the rear of the gear casing. I was using it on a whiting rod from the beach - it got wet once and the centre shaft action pumped water and sand in through the drag at the rear, to the point that the whole mechanism jammed up. I cleaned it out and was amazed at how agrarian it was in its internals, no bushed or bearing surfaces at all - needless to say it flogged out pretty soon after. Will never go back there.

Cheers

Rhys

Zebco actually make some really good gear under the Quantum brand name, We dont hear a whole lot about quantum here but they are pretty big in the USA.

bayfisher
01-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I might add zebco also makes reels under the fin-nor and Van Staal brand. So like most reel manufacturers they have some shocking stuff but also some really top end stuff as well.

nuggstar
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
i once had a zebco quantum ir'w 3 baitcaster and it was tops, i loved it and it got me heaps of big queenfish and trevs, barra and a few macks, untill some scum bag stole. i have fath in zebco

revs57
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Ahhh yeah, the crookie was a Zebco Quantum...but yep, most brands badge engineer to some degree these days.

Cheers

rhys

spears
01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Zebco actually make some really good gear under the Quantum brand name, We dont hear a whole lot about quantum here but they are pretty big in the USA.
In the U.S. quantum cabo PT is giving the stellas a run..time will show how long they last