PDA

View Full Version : Building my 6.7mt SportFisher update

mungindi
30-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Evening,
Finally got my Transom well in place the fitting in the pics will go in properly when it is all laminated and painted. The well is constructed of 12mm M/Ply it will be strapped together with 100mm and 150mm D/Bias tape it will then all be covered over with 600 grm D/Bias fabric and Epoxy the way it is there now in the pictures it is rock solid you can stand on it jump on it and it doesn't flex a millimetre. It's one solid bit of gear
Hopefully I will have it all laminated by wednesday
Gary

ifishcq1
30-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Nice work,

what is the bottom like and what motor fo you recon?

SL

mungindi
30-06-2008, 08:42 PM
G/day SL
Thanks for the compliment. Mate the bottom is 6mm M/Ply it has 4 layers of 455grm Biaxial fabric laid transversely each piece has a 100mm overlap, the first layer overlaps along the keel 150mm 2nd layer 200mm 3rd layer 250mm 4th layer 300mml . The same on the inside of the hull.
The Hull has a 12 degrees deadrise at the transom and wide full length chines which comes to a really fine entry at the bow. I have a new 140 hp Suzuki which I'am going to put on the back end it should move it along nicely
Gary

shubeej
30-06-2008, 09:16 PM
great to see a project in ply & fibreglass top looking workmanship keep the pics coming
shubeej

skipalong
01-07-2008, 11:27 AM
getting there

Az
01-07-2008, 01:11 PM
looks good mate, keep the updates coming for us boat tragics!

gavsgonefishing
03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Love the workmanship, any more photos of the hull?

What are you doing with he top half?

mungindi
03-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Evening,
Thanks to everyone again for the compliments and encouragement,it's starting to feel like the end is insight. I finnished glassing in the transom well last night so it's onto the Gunwhales then the console. fair and paint then add the bits and pieces rails , Targa Top et etc.
Gavsgonefishing the only picture of the hull that I can acces to post here is this one, I have a heap of photos of the build right from the begining at this link I don't know how to shift them from there to here. Mate I have really and I do mean really very limited computer skills I'm afraid so hit the link there is a heap of hull phots at different stages there.
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s303/garyboat/Boat%20construction/

I'm thinking seriously about lining the interior of the hull the design has a heap of storage in the side pockets which are really wide and deep, lining it will give me a bit more closed in storage. Being a centre cosole you can't have to much storage space the way I see it, plus I'am going to put in a fairly big casting deck which will give me even more storage. just trying to make the most practical fishing boat for me that I can.
The young N/architect Brett who designed it has been able to turn all my thoughts on what I wanted in a boat into a reality with the Design got to give credit where it's due. I got the easy part building it
Anyway hit the link and have a look
Thank's again
Gary

Az
04-07-2008, 11:13 AM
great workmanship mate, I wish I had that kind of skill

pilchardjones
04-07-2008, 01:30 PM
beautiful job Gary. That boat has great lines. a real credit to you boatbuilding skills. please keep us updated with progress photos.
steve

Lancair
04-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats awesome Gary, just effen awesome.

Theres a shed and boat building project somewhere in my future, for now Ill just watch your progress with envy.

Andrew