PDA

View Full Version : Seal Rocks/Jenny Lind Banks

barra_cuda81
30-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Dragged myself out of bed this morning after a rough night with the little fella who is sick for a trip to Seal Rocks. Trip out at 6:30 was wet and cold, not what i was expecting of the forecast of 5-10's. The short, sharp chop dished out plenty of spray over my 15 footer Quinnie.

Once there we started with a troll for some mackerel, but ended up with a nice 55cm coral trout on a Halco Crazy Deep instead (bonus)!!! Nothing else came to the boat from the troll so set up for a bottom bash in about 8m of water. Could only manage one nice grassie (45cm) and cod (48cm).

All in all pretty disappointing day for 6 HOURS fishing. Oh well, will have to hit Awoonga tomorrow for a Barra!

reel scream
30-06-2008, 10:09 PM
You were on the water mate and caught a couple of fish. Got be happy with that- beats working.

55cm trout= yum.

Cheers Scott

Cobia Kid
01-07-2008, 09:31 AM
i tried to get out yesterday and got about 100m past the markers out of the mouth n decided, i like my 12 foot tinny, so i turened around n come back in,
sounds like a good trip anyways with that trout, that is what i was planning to catch when i was going to go to facing,
by the way, what did the weather do, did it get calmer of worse???
regards,
jamie

barra_cuda81
01-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Weather got better as the sun got higher. Trip back to the ramp was a lot quicker with the breeze and sea behind us. Am now considering a trip out to 12 mile or Bindaree wreck tonight as forecast looks promising....fingers crossed!