PDA

View Full Version : Formosa or tournament

chillers
30-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Gday all
I have come to a conclusion that the Formosa centre cabin 5.5m and the tournament cuddy cabin 5.5m are the two boats i have narrowed it down to and need some knowledge if any one has had anything to do with the above boats. I know one is plate and one is fibre glass and they vary in style completely but both these boats suit what is required and are around the $36000 mark packaged and thats about my budget any knowledge would be good, plus the missus preffers the tournament but i think the formosa would be better suited but i will see what you guys have to say.

Both the boats are on this website http://www.australianmarinecentre.com.au/index.htm

Thanks Chillers

levinge
30-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Picking up the 5.8m shortly, in your budget you might want to look at the overall package (options and electronics). My preference was for the Centre Cab as we do alot of fishing as opposed to recreational boating 70/30 and the Centre Cab suit perfectly. Your main cost will be in the outboard you want. But you need to do the pros and cons of both and then look at what you will be doing with your boat. I can't wait to get mine in the water the dealer up here in NQ is really impressed with the total package that I have put together. God luck in your decision but I personally would choose the Formosa, less overall maintenance required and you won't have to worry too much if you ding something.

This is the thread that I had running..

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=131435

chillers
30-06-2008, 07:28 PM
gday Levinge
The pro's you have mentioned are spot on the motor i was looking at was the 115 evinrude etec at that above mentioned price. The boat will be used mainly for fishing around mackay and sarina.

thanks heaps Chillers

levinge
30-06-2008, 09:47 PM
If its fishing you can't beat the Centre Cab 360 Degrees especially when you've got a mack on, makes life easier. As for the Etec, do your research before you buy, I can't say anything bad about them but know people who like em and those who don't. The only thing I will say about them is, that even if they have improved the tech of 2 strokes they still smell of that oil odour and if you have a passenger who doesn't fair well on the water, you'll know about fairly quickly. I powered mine with a 135hp Honda 4 (personal choice about alot of research).

But whatever you choose in boat or motor, your on the water and enjoy. Remember "Tight Lines Always"