PDA

View Full Version : Jewie tops off an awesome night off Tweeds spot X

business class
30-06-2008, 09:37 AM
G'day guys,

Headed out friday arvo around 2,30pm for an arvo slash Night session. Wind was a bit strong at the start but ended up dropping right off to next to nothing as the night went on. As we pulled up at our destination, the fish were everywhere on the sounder, so the plastics went out instantly, low and behold the buggers did not even get to the bottom before we had our first double hook up on snapper.;D We then quickly went back up current and droped pick. Started the burley trail and it went on from there. the fish stayed on a constant bite for the night and the plastics were producing fish time and time again, and was having a ball doing so. Once night time had kicked in the plastics slowed up but the bait hadn't, Out went went the baits when the old man hooks up to a solid fish, the names were flying everywhere as we tryed to guess what it was, i picked it for an oversize yakka ;D , untill a nice jack sticks his nose up, i couldn't believe i was wrong:o . about half an hour later things started to slow up as we hit bottom of the tide, then my reel screamed off 100 mile an hour,when i stuck, straight away i knew it was a solid fish as it didn't want to stop, about 15mins later and 2 sore arms pops up a big jewie, in went the gaf at lightning speed as a finally landed the monster as we celebrate the fight. After that it was time to go as we had the limit on Snapper and we were all tired, so we packed up and headed home after having an awesome night fishing. finally the jewie weighed in at 22.9kg ;D ;D which is my biggest jew so far and the jack was 3.5kg. Hope use enjoy the photo's

Cheers
Matty

trueblue
30-06-2008, 09:44 AM
fantastic jewie.

cheers

DEANO68
30-06-2008, 09:51 AM
great jewie, and jack,,good feed of snapper also, must of been a bit crowded with 8 people on board..

backlash08
30-06-2008, 10:07 AM
BC, sounds like a top night, good jewie, always happy to see the big silver beasts come to the boat
cheers - Craig

business class
30-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Cheers fellars, it was an awesome night, especially when the jewie rose from the depths, Sorry dino, It was off Tweed i just used to saying goldie my fault mate.

DEANO68
30-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Cheers fellars, it was an awesome night, especially when the jewie rose from the depths, Sorry dino, It was off Tweed i just used to saying goldie my fault mate.
all good matty,the old filletin wrist must have had a dull ache after slicin up that lot...

business class
30-06-2008, 12:09 PM
all good matty,the old filletin wrist must have had a dull ache after slicin up that lot...

Yeah it was a mission cleaning them, it took about 3 and a half hours, 1000 spine spikes from the snapper and about 18 cold beers ;D .

Jackinthebox
30-06-2008, 01:04 PM
No more probs with catching snapper on plastics anymore hey?

How's the bar these days?

DEANO68
30-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah it was a mission cleaning them, it took about 3 and a half hours, 1000 spine spikes from the snapper and about 18 cold beers ;D .
certainly bumps up the price per kg ,after , fuel , bait , plastics , beer...then another carton to cut em up , but the beer does take the pain away, so i think it is a justified cost..;)

business class
30-06-2008, 01:27 PM
No more probs with catching snapper on plastics anymore hey?

How's the bar these days?

Yeah the plastics are awesome to use once you get the hang of it, only took me a year though::) . the bar is not to bad at the moment hey, its been good the last couple of trips.

i would have to agree dino we can always justify the cost. but it is gettin very expensive>:( especially when we drink like a fish;D

Spaniard_King
30-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Good Haul Matty,

good chewin size that lot :)

can ya convince the old man to drag the boat up to 1770 in August.. were goin for a week :)

business class
30-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Good Haul Matty,

good chewin size that lot :)

can ya convince the old man to drag the boat up to 1770 in August.. were goin for a week :)

Hello Stranger, i think we can organise something there mate. ill give you a call in the next couple of days, but 1770 sounds terrific to me;D ;D . Where were you on the weekend? you head out?

Cheers
Matty

kitty_cat
30-06-2008, 03:17 PM
hey mate nice fishing those offshore jacks are a sweat catch do you get many off them ?
not having a dig just curious to bag limits on snapper in nsw anyone can answer just for general knowledge

Spaniard_King
30-06-2008, 03:20 PM
yeh.. 10 Wayne..for a while anyway

business class
30-06-2008, 04:03 PM
hey mate nice fishing those offshore jacks are a sweat catch do you get many off them ?
not having a dig just curious to bag limits on snapper in nsw anyone can answer just for general knowledge

it is 10 per person in NSW . A proposal went through not so long ago i think, to make it 5 so keep an eye out cause it will change.
This year we have been getting a few ocean jacks hey, not big numbers but 1 or 2 each trip some up to 8kg, and they are awesome eating.;D

Franco
30-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Awesome trip!

Makes up for us gettin' Nada offshore yesterday

seastorm
30-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Can anyone tell us what is the go if you launch your boat in QLD and fish over the border can you still only bring home 5 snapper per person?

kitty_cat
01-07-2008, 07:44 AM
qld law is 5 in possession so if you come back to qld waters to retrive your boat you are over limit even more interesting if you drive and launch in nsw and then drive home to qld technically you are over your bag limit by even having them in the easky on the trailer not sure how that one would play out but iam sure the first senario if coming back by water to qld waters you are definatly going to get done.i maybe wrong but i wouldnt risk the outcome for a few snapps.

business class
01-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Can anyone tell us what is the go if you launch your boat in QLD and fish over the border can you still only bring home 5 snapper per person?

I would have to agree with Wayne here as if you retrive your boat back in qld then you are gone if you take more then the QLD limit, BUT i not sure what would happen if you launch out of NSW and retrive in NSW then drive back over the border as we do,i wonder what would happen because how would you know how many people on the boat?????? that one would be interesting i think. Does anyone know if they could book you????

Cheers
Matty

Dantren
01-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Would like to see the min size of 30 increased while the review is underway.

Spaniard_King
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I would have to agree with Wayne here as if you retrive your boat back in qld then you are gone if you take more then the QLD limit, BUT i not sure what would happen if you launch out of NSW and retrive in NSW then drive back over the border as we do,i wonder what would happen because how would you know how many people on the boat?????? that one would be interesting i think. Does anyone know if they could book you????

Cheers
Matty

The Law was changed to accomodate the ambiguity. QLD's law is in possession that is anywhere or anytime in QLD. :o

business class
02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
The Law was changed to accomodate the ambiguity. QLD's law is in possession that is anywhere or anytime in QLD. :o

If that is the case Gaz, is there anywhere that we go and buy a cheap house.;)

Cheers
Matty

business class
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Would like to see the min size of 30 increased while the review is underway.
The review is underway in both QLD and NSW and hopefully they do increase the size in QLD as NSW is already 35cm but i think 38-40 would be perfect IMO.

Cheers
Matty

Spaniard_King
02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Matty,

I don't need to.. my sister lives in South Tweed, still in our old house we grew up in :)

business class
03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Matty,

I don't need to.. my sister lives in South Tweed, still in our old house we grew up in :)

Don't you mean the house we grews up in :P " Dad" ;) ;)