PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Snap-a-thon !

rakinray
29-06-2008, 08:12 PM
G/ Day all after a few good Snapper trips to the Goldy myself and Dan thought we needed a change of water so around 5.30 we launched at Raby Bay to meet a nice smooth Bay, easy run over the S/Passage, lots of bait at the grounds but couldnt even jag a few so headed to the Wide mark. Found some nice size Snapps on some flat rubble ground and picked a a fish every drift with most between 2 to 4 kilo with the odd better hitting the ice ! Dans mate Luke was on this trip to get his First Snapp and after dropping a big run he landed his "MAIDEN" see pic. Seen a few whales and had a really good run into the Bay (see pic). Brian (Webby) was suppose to be part of the crew but his run of car probs continues and couldnt get make it >:( next time mate ! Seems that the Snapper are fairly wide spread after the fish we got at the Goldy, and almost gettin our bag with our first" Moreton" ;) trip, hope its a sign of a things to come.

CHEERS RAY :D A few pics of the day !

Lucky_Phill
29-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Nice work Ray.

So you'd be at the bottom end of the 29's ? That's where they seem to be lately, there and wider.

see ya in a couple of weeks.....

Cheers Phill

work2fish
29-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Nice fish they are starting to move in
Top effort

W2F

rakinray
29-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey Phill a little wider than the 29s, will tell all when we cook the BBQ at the River to Mud.

CHEERS RAY. :D

Sandman
30-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Nice one Ray, good to see the numbers and size this time hey, yeh a little wider than the 29's :) .
Should be OK for Sat if your up for it as well if the weather lets me fish.
Mick

webby
01-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Wasnt going to answer to your snap a ton, but the fourbee is back on the road and i can now see where im going.
Its always the same, you blokes go out and catch a few fish and im stranded, will just have to make up for it in the R t M and put the placcy boys to bed.
Good catch fellas, i bet Mike is drulling ????
regards

skipalong
01-07-2008, 10:36 AM
great catch guys

Sandman
01-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Webby i am mate and i think i have your luck in regards to timing of things, as Ray knows i was at a weding at Ballina mind you i was settled by the fact our room was near the water but looking at the weather the next morning did bring a tear to my eye. Brian i am planning for this Saturday if the weather lets us so if your free welcome aboard.
Mick

SummerTrance
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Hmmm, Being a bay fisherman I dont know why I do it too myself. Checking the offshore reports that is. I spend all day in the bay and am happy to come home with a few squire, then I click on the offshore section and see photo's like the ones above. Just makes me so jealous!!!

Well done guys, thats a fantastic catch ya got there. Great snaps. On yeh... Im very jealous aswell!

finding_time
01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Nice work Ray! How the lure making progressing?

Ian

rakinray
01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
G/ day all thanks for the comments. Hey Brian i dont mind if you have some more fourby dramas (more snapps for me) ::) just kidding mate, will catch up before the R to Mud for the squid run. Hey Mike im out this week-end gotta work sat and got a few things to sort for sunday, looks like Northerlies all week-end :( will give you a call on friday to see if things change. Only one way to stop drooling over the offshore reports Summer get out ther mate and get amongst them some of the Goldy close reefs are firing and they are easy accessed. Hows things going Ian ? Mate ive been so busy makin slugs and sinkers that ive done nothin about my skirt makin, but im still just as keen, i might have to come around next time you guys do a session and get my hands dirty ;D You got the new boat yet ?

CHEERS RAY.