PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra wide today (sunday)

Tassie JR
29-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey went for a run out caloundra wide today left spinaker at 4.00a.m and arrived at about 5.30 a.m first drop a legal sqire and pearly after that it shut dowown for about 1/2 hour till the sun just started rising and we pulled a nice 4kg snapper. after this we got a few more sqire till we got a 3.5 kg snapper, from then on we was getting the odd nice pearly and squire, we lost some good snapper in between but thats fishing, we had to work the fish but we ended up with a good feed.

Can someone fill us in with the bloke that needed the helicoptor with laserations to his leg heard a bit on the radio but dont know what actually happened.

cheers tassie JR

revs57
29-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Very artistic array of fish Tassie,

Looks like a nice sunrise reflecting off that snapp

Good to get a feed

cheers

Rhys

MeePee_99
29-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Nice Fish, Might head out there later this week!!!!

Fishbait
29-06-2008, 07:36 PM
G'Day Tassie Jnr - another good feed and a great day out by the looks. Any tangles today??;D Cheers, Darren.

Leighton
29-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Great fish
Scuba Diver hit by a Boat at Flinders Reef

work2fish
29-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Ouch poor diver

Nice session
Some nice kilos there

Ya got to miss a few every now again
makes you keener to get out there again

W2F

reel scream
30-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Well done Dan. Your old mans getting a good stockpile by now.

Heard on the work radio bloke had a fractured Femur and possibly pneumothorax.

Cheers Scott

jarhead
30-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Nice mixed bag, good stuff.

Tassie JR
30-06-2008, 09:09 PM
hey darren i had 2 bad tangles around each prop and one ended up to be qiuet funny for everyone but me but ill tell you about it one day.

Hey scott what do you mean dads getting the stockpile its me that catches all the fish he just takes the credit for them and puts them in his freezer, and whats a Femur and pneumothorax?

and thanks everybody for the replies.

cheers tassie JR

DEANO68
01-07-2008, 07:10 AM
good on ya tassie,i havent found any pearlies yet this season, may have too head south next trip, tonite looks ok if i get out of work early enough.

skipalong
01-07-2008, 10:34 AM
excellent assortment

Tassie JR
01-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Hey deano we have only been getting them in real deep water, good luck for tonight.

thanks skipalong.

cheers tassie JR

Fishbait
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
, and whats a Femur and pneumothorax?
cheers tassie JR

G'Day Tassie

Glad to see you can find them props as well with your line in that water depth and current.

A "pneumothorax" occurs when air enters the pleural cavity (ie. your lungs) through a chest wound. Basically - this means that this person would have had a collapsed lung. But, because our lungs are seperate, he would be still able to breathe with his other lung but with he'd be in much pain and feel lots of shortness of breath. It can be fixed in hospital (or by Intensive Care Paramedics if they flew to him in the rescue helicopter) who would then insert a chest tube into his lung to reinflate it. This would then return the lung to its normal function.

The "femur" is basically your thigh bone. It is also the largest, longest and strongest bone in our body.

Hey Scottie - hope you don't mind me replying to this one.

Cheers

Darren.