PDA

View Full Version : 29s,35s,flat rock

Captain Seaweed
29-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Hello Fellas,
Went for a fish with sea-mac today and met the the ramp at 5.30am at Raby Bay to be greeted by a line up to launch. We headed accross a smooth bay to the bar which wa calm and easy to cross. We joined the carpark at the live bait grounds just outside the bar next to mporetoin to find the livies scarce and hard to find and land. We headed out to the 29's to find a lot of boats out and nice shows on the sounder but just small squire schools. We spent an hr or so drifting the 29s with no fished bagged. We headed out to the 35's the pearly reef to find a quiet bloody reef. We then headed to an area outside the green zone off flat rock we refer to as "old faithful" and this time it was not. We came home travelled 100km with 1 parrot at 38cm...
Everyywhere we fished we found current to be good and not too much wind. We had good bait and found the fish but just could not pull anything up. Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience?
Marty

dayoo
29-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Heard reports of no fish from most who launched at Scarborough today.
Could be because we are on the notorious no bite time of the moon (week after the full moon to new moon).
Heading out to the northern barwons tomorrow lets hope the fish have decided to bite.

Cheers
Barry

Captain Seaweed
29-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Good luck Dayoo. I am looking forward to doing an overnighter on the banks some day.
Marty

larfin
29-06-2008, 06:04 PM
We did the same trip but went north to the cape from the live bait spot for the same result Marty
cheers
Greg

Angla
29-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I must admit we got a few squire before they shut down just after 8.00am. Sorry to hear you missed out. We didn't have time to get livies so used pillies and squid. Nuke chook accounted for 1 as well.

Chris

Captain Seaweed
29-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Chris,
Where did you fish?

DaMaGe
29-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Sounds expensive and unfortunate mate. I too am heading out to the BBanks tomorrow morning hoping for much better luck.

The conditions certainly look favourable for my maiden voyage there.

soulfish
29-06-2008, 08:55 PM
CAPTAIN SEAWEED we started around 12.30pm ,southern 35's & got our bag of 15 squire in a few hours nothing over 1.5 kg.Moved in to the 29's for the dusk bite but it was all shows & no go.Hit the bar just after dark for an awsome run home .great arvo to be on the water & a good feed i spose.

liltuffy
30-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey Marty, that's a bit disappointing. I was the bloke who commented "nice boat" when we were waiting at the ramp. We got a few fish for our troubles but only one stand out 8k snap.

Craig

PlasticFantastic
30-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I was out with On-The-Chew and we fished the Sevens for 1 Cod of around 15kg and one dropped fish. Tried the 35's for one small Squire on a jig and that was about it, plenty showing on the sounder just couldn't hook em.

PlasticFantastic

Captain Seaweed
30-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks fellas,
Yeah thanks craig maybe next time hey......At one stage I thought my sounder was playing up as I normally fish with the sensativity on around 7 but backed it off to 4.5 because I kept seeing scattered bait everywhere and thought the sounder was running too high???Then it would all clear up ....crazy
Thanks again for the comments
Marty

rubba
30-06-2008, 06:27 PM
8-) seen you at rabybay iwas a few behind you with 625 outsider the bar was a charm the live bait were not to bad the fishing plenty of show no go, we got a feed ,my mate flatty cleaned up pearly ,snap and red emp.over all for us very slow. had to work hard to get anything.8-) regards dale

Captain Seaweed
30-06-2008, 07:11 PM
I know there are meet and greets around but I havnt seen a trip done offshore down here maybe an overnighter on one of the reefs perhaps.