PDA

View Full Version : Marks Rocks Stolen

rollie
27-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi just a report or thanks to whom ever stole my crab pots on the 14/6/08 100m west of Marks rocks. Thanks agian for a bad day out.

>:(

tailorboi99
29-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Why do people steal crab pots? It's sad....

whatscracken
05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Nothing worse than having your pots flogged mate, the Logan has a reputation for a pot theft.

breamnut
05-07-2008, 07:42 PM
if ur local river has a rep for people stealing pots someone should put some out and just wait for someone to go pick them up then bash the f#^*K outa them

UNCLE NUGGY
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
if ur local river has a rep for people stealing pots someone should put some out and just wait for someone to go pick them up then bash the f#^*K outa them

yeh lets all do that????????????????

mattooty
09-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Its definately been done before mate, and will be done again. I saw a bloke at a ramp a few weeks ago who came in with his face smashed in, bleeding nose, 2 black eyes and a bit of a limp, he didn't seem to want any sympathy from anyone and didnt spill his story. Shortly after a tiny little bloke with a pot and a few dillys came in with a little smirk on his face. He confronted the bloke on a beach of a river island after he saw his pots being stolen and took it from there. I don't condone it but god that bloke won't be stealing pots anytime soon.

iricangi
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I've seen owners fish from their pots a few hundred meters away and seen their pots being taken and they actually full on rammed the other boats :/ dints and all into the offenders hull.

Had about 6 pots of mine taken once, wasn't very happy and stopped crabbing pretty much since then!

Aunty Jack
14-07-2008, 02:55 PM
:devilish: He Who Steals Crabs :devil:
:bomb: Deserves To Get Crabs :rifle:

dodgyone
14-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Know of a couple of guys that have had their boat get 'stuck in gear' while trying to find out why their pots were being checked.

castlemaine
16-07-2008, 07:53 AM
The Logan River seems notorious for this sort of thing. Report it to Fisheries, they were very efficient and caught the guy that was stealing my pots.
On another note, I was told that Fisheries are confiscating any that are wrongly marked or have unregulation size floats. I can't personally confirm this but I still saw heaps of crab pots over the weekend with milk bottles and old oil containers as floats. My mate was surprised when I told him he also has to have his pot marked as well.
Crab pot thieves ... lower than a crabs belly!
Cheers 8-)