PDA

View Full Version : Off the Cape

ooglie74
27-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I headed out on Wednesday lunchtime with Scott (Reel Scream) for an overniter off the cape.

We stopped to try for some livies 2hours later not even a 1.Oh well we continued outside.

Stopped at brennans shoal for a bit got a few squire.

We then headed south to shallow tempest and a bit further south.

Didnt get much of any quality down that way(an eel,Wobbygong,Blind shark and Morwong).

Then deicided to headed upto Hutchies way.We caught our bag limit of pearlies with a few nice ones mixed in also had 1 hit by a shark /cod. He caught a huge cod a little while ago.

It was around then ,while moving ,the sounder decide to play games and go haywire and shutdown.Major bummer.So without a sounder it was useless going to wide caloundra.We stayed near the cape area didnt catch a lot more than we already had.

Had a visit from a whale at huthcies.He/She came close enough to start worrying.

Had a great trip with a great skipper, a few stories and beers.Great weahter on the wednesday nite okay on thursday.

End result 10 pearlies 5 squire 1 moses 2 morwong

Cheers Troy

wags on the water
27-06-2008, 03:57 PM
The conditions were quite good weren't they. Shame about the sounder playing up. We had no luck in getting livies either. Well done on the haul of pearlies.

Cheers,
Wags

outsiderskip
27-06-2008, 04:11 PM
nice fish troy
not sure who had the biggest mouth

pete

ooglie74
27-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks wags,the livie situation was a bot how you going found ti the same last thursday.

Hi pete yeah looks pretty big.How have you been going?
Thought you may have been tou on wednesday nite.
Have been getting a couple of nice snaps at shallow.

Cheers Troy

Creek Vermin
27-06-2008, 06:07 PM
The good snap pic looks like a boat I know. Nice fish troy. Good to see some quality coming aboard the dog.

scoota
27-06-2008, 07:15 PM
You've done real well fishin without a sounder Troy!

You are right about the livies, real hard to find.

The Beacons are not holding the normal yakka supply but if you work the ledge off combie thats where we found them;)

Scoota....

reel scream
27-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Cheers for putting up the yarn mate. Good to finally have a fish together. Thanks for the photo when i was sleeping standing after that double of Pearls.

Still angry/ going nuts about the sounder. Hopefully Uncle Frank OO will make it play the game during the week.

Even though the big lads didn't play it was still a good trip. Gotta love your enthusiasm. Had a ball (till sounder).

You fprgot to mention that the vermin was caught at the spot you wanted me to go to::) .

Allways next time.

Cheer Scott.

ooglie74
27-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Had a ball scoota,had thought about the combie ledge.We treid the beacons and also western rocks.

Yeah it was mate guilty as charged mate but the snaps in the post also came from there in the last two weeks mate.

Hopefully uncle frank will fix it for you mate.

Cheers Troy

Tassie JR
27-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey boys nice fish, hey scott is your sounder the jrc or is that your gps either way you gotta be angry but what can ya do.

cheers Dan

reel scream
28-06-2008, 07:46 AM
JRC 81 Dan- sounder.

Cheers Scott

Frank OO
28-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Good Morning boys,

The Pearl Perch look great and are much bigger than you get in the same spot in the daytime. Without a sounder it is pretty useless so you did well to get anything after it died.

Good to see that Nigel is enjoying his Egrell S10 and also that yu are getting out there to use it. I suppose the new "Liberty II" won't be far away.

Well done on the Snaps Troy they look great.

Hey Scott!! I didn't know that Fishing with troy was so boring. (Nice Photo Scott). He must have been putting up a show when I went out with him because Troy has just got too much energy.

Sounds like a great trip and I am sorry I missed it.

Frank OO

reel scream
28-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Definately not boring Frank. Troy was on fire till the early hours before he slowed up- just came off night shift mind you. Told him to have a couple more beers but he wouldn't be in it.
Had some good laughs.

Cheers Scott

ooglie74
28-06-2008, 06:27 PM
You get that when you only have 3 and hlaf hours after 3days.
Its all good have to sleep some time,and the drive back from bribie to brisbane isnt that fun without sleep.
Bugger.

Yeh frank nigel is stoked.He also got a kingie about 8kg at deep tempest on the egrell.

Not sure how far away liberty11 to is frank last I heard they where still waiting for the 3d navnet sounder/plotter.

Cheers Troy

Fishbait
29-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats on a great effort Troy and Scott. Sorry we didn't meet up because of our radio hicups. Look forward to the next outing mate. Cheers - Darren.

Fishbait
29-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Ah - forgot to mention - awesome photo of the whale so close to the boat - that must have been scary hey? Cheers mate. D.

ooglie74
30-06-2008, 10:22 AM
No dramas fishbait all good.
THe whale was about 5 mtrs in front of us just sunning hung around for about 20minutes.
Hi keith yeah that was on the dog 2 thursadys ago.Hopefully they get bigger in the next few weeks.

Cheers Troy

skipalong
01-07-2008, 10:30 AM
nice snapps mate