PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra Wide - Pearlies and Snapper

Fishbait
26-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm putting this post up on behalf of "TASSIE".

Firstly, thanks mate for a great day out.

Left the ramp after 4am and headed on out to Caloundra Wide. On spot X for sun up and in they come for a while. Ducked back over to Hutchies for no real action at all. It was then decided to go back to our original first spot and give them another go. Started of a bit slow but as it got past 2 o'clock - it they came again.

Ended up with about 28 fish in total - all good blokes on board - great day out - and flat as a milk pond heading home at 5pm.

I think I have a new Nickname after today - TANGLES. I'll let Tassie tell you when he gets on here.

Cheers, Darren :D

Greg P
26-06-2008, 10:09 PM
That pearlie in the centre is a nice model - well done getting the feed together.

lethal098
27-06-2008, 07:46 AM
some nice fish in that lot well done. cheers lethal

DEANO68
27-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Good work "tangles" nice feed of pearlies, we havent come across any yet but they should show up this way soon.well done
deano.

lido76
27-06-2008, 10:32 AM
nice catch lads I was out there yesterday too wasn't it a cracker of a day. we ended up at cal wide and got a some good snapps and a monster pearly also. Great to be alive. Cheers brendan

skipalong
27-06-2008, 12:24 PM
some nice fish there fellas

reel scream
27-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Good to hear you had a great day Darren.Gees i look after you LOL. Think Tassie needs to check his transmit on the radio.

We did well on the pearlis and were going to meet you up cal way but lost sounder picture- not happy. Troy will put up later.

Cheers Scott.

Fishbait
27-06-2008, 07:05 PM
G'Day Scott - Tassie nice bloke. Had a ball of day. You do look after me mate. Tassie tried talking to you on 21 on few times throughout the day but the only time we got you was when we were in close at Hutchies at lunch time. Heard you before 2pm heading off though. Might be his aerial hey if you were transmitting and receiving OK? Anyway, cheers again mate - catch up soon oneday. Darren.

Tassie JR
27-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey scott, trust all yous to have a good time while im at work but thats the way it goes, We had trouble with the vhf last weekend as well i was on dads mates boat dad could here us calling but we couldnt hear him calling so there could be a problem there. oh well i get to go on on sunday for a run back out to wide caloundra, this was the first time this spot has produced bigger pearlies for a while. look forward to seeing all at the m@g.

cheers Dan

reel scream
28-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Good to see those bigger pearlies. Had a nice feed last night. M@G should be good. Hope my bloody sounder is playing by then.

Cheers Scott