PDA

View Full Version : Cania Water Release

kevin jackson
25-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I see that on the sunwater website that cania is again back to 6%, i was wondering if anyone can confirm that they have let most of the water go again. it would be a shame if they have but we have to think of the farmers as well.

Pumba
25-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi Kevin,
I have been told that they loose too much water too seepage if the dam is over 8%, and after the last inflow they had about 50 days to release it back below acceptable levels.

I am not sure if the seepage is through the wall itself or whether the guy I was speaking too meant evaporation.

Cheers,
Matt

Fitzy
25-06-2008, 05:58 PM
When water is released from Cania is all soaks into the aquifers downstream & gets pumped up to the various water extractors from there.

Unfortunately Cania has never been full & with the way water licences are run, it never will be.

Truth be told, Cania was JBP stunt to shore up National Party votes. It should never have been built.

Cheers,

fitz..

warrior
25-06-2008, 06:40 PM
one of the fellas who fishes this dam regularly said it is looking pretty sad again and he might not be able to run his comp there in august

BREAMBOSS01
26-06-2008, 08:03 AM
gday
iwas up at their on the queens b'day weekend they apparently started letting it out on the monday before there also seemed to be a heck of a lot of blue green algae.:o

kevin jackson
26-06-2008, 08:10 AM
thank for that information, i did hear the talk about when the dam fill, that they would have to let it go because of natural flows regulations for down sream users, and i just wanted to confirm that it has happened.

thanks again kev