PDA

View Full Version : S-Factor or Gulp????

kevvie
25-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi Ausfishers,

Up until now i have been a devout Gulp user. The stuff catches good quality fish when other lures produce little.

Recently though i trialled the new S-Factor scent and was amazed by the results. It has honestly outfished the Gulp by a long way. Some days 10 to 1. So to say i am coverted to the S-Factor is an understatement. I even put S-Factor on my Gulps for better results......

What do you guys prefer??? Is anyone seeing the same results as i am???

Love to know your thoughts.

Gagga08
25-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Kevvie i've only recently started using Squidgy Pro Wrigglers and found them to be very successful on both Pinkie Snapper and Bream, especially when covered in a coat of S-Factor. The S-Factor definately improves the performance of the wriggler and I always make sure I reapply after every 20 casts or so.

I'm not sure if they outfish gulps though when it comes to chasing bigger Snapper. I'll stick to 5" Jerk Shads for those suckers.

loophole
25-06-2008, 08:14 PM
mate the s factor has caught my mate good numbers of flathead, i like the gulps, how do you go with the s factor being used on the gulps?

kevvie
26-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Mate it definately improves them i feel.

Even the Berkley Tournament guys can be seen rubbing S-Factor scent on thier lures during comps...

In the end it couldnt hurt...

Little grey men
26-06-2008, 09:22 AM
I put S Factor on everything. All plastics including Gulps, hard bodied lures, spinnerbaits, metal slugs. I think the stuff works well so why not give myself the best possible chance of making a fish hang onto the lure long enough to strike.
I used to use garlic but I was never really convinced that it attracted fish. I mean I caught fish but I probably would have got them without garlic as well. I figured it didn't seem to repel fish so I kept using it.
The S Factor is different, I've noticed really quiet days when nothing seemed to work until I wiped a little on the lure and it's usually not too long before something good happens. :)

tailorboi99
26-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I use both sp's I use Gulp snadworms and craw and things but on the S factor I use the flick baits.

Cheers Tom

loophole
27-06-2008, 11:02 PM
i am thinking that they wont bring out S factor by itself because they make more money getting us to buty the plastics with S factor in it