PDA

View Full Version : Pinkenba Boat Ramp Troubles

watup89
25-06-2008, 01:40 AM
g'day im a new member so sorry if this is a bit dodgy.

I was just wondering how many people have trouble at pinkenba boat ramp? And is there a reliable one nearby because the ramp can be difficult sometimes on retrieval?

i was there last friday night and got back to the boat ramp at 2am to find out the car had been broken into (cdplaya, our otha cars keys and house keys that i accidently left in, with new trailer rego stika paperwork in glove box forgot about, they took)

i also was reading that Reel_obsession had the car window smashed there

the main thing that concerned me, was the security, me and a mate were standing in the middle of the carpark making a call and we looked pretty suss and all bloody security did was press the button on the pole and drive off and this really frustrated me because everynight when i'm there they just press the button and drive off. I was just curious about peoples opinions on pinkenba boat ramp?

Cheers

Darren

Dirtysanchez
25-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I used to use it, but if the wind and chop come up it can be a difficult ramp for solo trips.
Whats the point of security if cars are being knocked off ? did you advise them you had been robbed?

mattyd
25-06-2008, 03:41 PM
That would p*ss me off no end. I've just bought a new Subaru Forester for towing my new boat, and I am going to add Pinkenba to the ramps I will never leave the new car at.

Sorry to hear your story - I'm only using the ramps at Scarborough for the moment (and only during daylight hours). Seems safe enough.

watup89
25-06-2008, 06:37 PM
i started walking over to him where he was pressing the button, to tell him what happened but he just pressed it and drove off before i got there, but i was only a few metres from his car and obviously he saw me but just drove off, i was so p*ssed off

Skusto
25-06-2008, 07:29 PM
its sucks hearing about this were lucky enough that my cousin lives right in front of the ramp so we just park in his yard.

marty+jojo
25-06-2008, 07:32 PM
The security guys are port security, i think you will find they are more interested in what's going on in the river. Sorry to hear about your gear getting knocked off.
Marty.

tunaticer
25-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Only one thing can secure carparks from vandalism, police presence regularly and hourly at least.

Somehow i don't think this will happen in the next twenty years.

Bring back the biff and have some bouncers standing guard that can arrest and chain offenders to your trailer waiting patiently for your return to be dealt with by the owners.

Jack.

reelchippy
25-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I joined MBTBC for that reason and the wash down thing at night.cheers

Black_Rat
25-06-2008, 08:59 PM
watup89,

My first thoughts are comming back to a ramp after an overnighter or big day trip "is the 4b still there ? ..... "has some low_life knock of my trailer ?"

True story ! I left my keys to my Navara dual cab on the back of the hard-top cover a couple of years ago at Pinkenba at 4 am in the morning. Fished around the Cape all day and arrived back at the ramp to find the keys where i'd left them ! :o
I was shitting myself when I was searching the boat for the keys !

Mate I feel for you and every dog has it's day >:(

stingau
25-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Mate I hope you have changed your house locks as well as the other car.... not only do they have your keys but to take the rego paper with your addres onit to me is a dead giveaway for a break in

Mike Delisser
25-06-2008, 10:20 PM
I fished the river Tue morn leaving pinky ramp about 2am, only one other car with a trailer but there were a couple of vans parked with people sleeping in them and a fiberglass half cab just sitting by itself on a trailer in the corner(still there at 8am when we returned). A couple of guys fishing off the bank as well, don't know if that's good or bad as they could be shonky. From now on I'll think I'll take down the rego number of any cars there when I launch at night. Used to be a reasonably safe place when the house and the bait n' tackle shop were there. I would love to see a camera installed high on a pole as a deterant.
BTW unfortunatly the closest other northside ramps are Breaky Creek or Nudgee Floodway (not good enough)
Cheers
Mike

Fish_gutz
25-06-2008, 10:50 PM
There is plenty of scum down that way when it comes to breaking into cars and I would never leave my car there , sorry to hear about your experience but i would be changing the locks at home also. i leave my pitbull bitch in the forby when going out at night so anyone trying to break in will get a nice surprise!Might pay you to pay the toll and go over the bridge to the fishermans island ramp. Cheers Andrew

Mike Delisser
26-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Is the Fishy Island's a more secure option late at night??????
Mike

Fish_gutz
26-06-2008, 11:37 PM
less incidents seem to occur there but you never know,it would be my pick out of the two.

CB77
27-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi,

I know how you feel, a couple of years ago I the had windows smashed at the Deep water bend ramp. I got off easy as I never leave anything in the car anyway, just a pain in the ass to get window and tint fixed.

The same night another car (brand new mazda) parked nearby got jumped on totally dented the roof, boot and bonnet etc.

Now if I go out at night I get the wife to drop us off and take the car and trailer home.

Or you could just buy an old car just for the boat and not worry about it.

garman1
27-06-2008, 01:24 PM
The other thing is to find "someone close by" who wants to earn a few bucks and or a fish, so you could leave your rig in their yard. Maybe an ausfish member, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, mate, or a pensioner (help a pensioner) who is close by..............I wish I lived nearby I would love to help. havn't had my car broken into but got to the ramp one night to find people around the parking area, who didn't have boats ??? Not a good feeling when your own your own.

:bulb2:

Hey, what about rent a thug, to look after your boat trailer/car etc.......You know a guy about 6'6"....150kg...long beard and a leather jacket :evilgrin: .....maybe and ex-bouncer who wants to keep his hand in! We could start a list of names who could look after which ramps?

Ok got carried away sorry...............................

cheers Garry ;D