PDA

View Full Version : Cal Wide>snaps

JayT
24-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey Guys,
With the weather starting to chill up i have spent the last 2 trips out a tad wider than usual, from fishing the usual 30/50m 12 mile mark to the 70/80m cal wide grounds an have started to get some nice quality snaps along the way,
Here are some pics of the last 2 trips with me an a mate an the snaps are getting bigger;D next trip thursday o/night, cya out there;)

Cheers Thorpy

dayoo
24-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice snapps mate. Heading out that way next week.

Cheers
Barry

skipalong
24-06-2008, 06:56 PM
nice fish mate headin out thurs night b ut not that far

reel scream
24-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Nice fish JT.

Will be out wed/thus. May end up aroundish that way.

If your out beore 1500 thurs give us a hollar.

Cheers Scott.

JayT
24-06-2008, 07:36 PM
They are definately out there thats for sure, was a long run out last time in my little 485 an i think they would have moved on to the 12mile now so thats where i will be next time, wed/thur may be the pick but thur/fri early seems the go on the decreasing swell, last week i dropped a fish that i suppose was around the 8/9kg under the boat with colour an all an would you believe it had that much momentum on the way up it pulled the hooks about 30m down an still popped up out the back with no hooks attatched an i had to watch it swim back home....:'( thats fishin!!!

hookinin
24-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Nice result on back to back trips, sets the bar fairly high for thursday night. Have they been on or off the bottom.
Cheers Gaven

jtpython
24-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Very nice Fish Mate
Some nice healthy cod to boot as well
Champion effort
JT

reel scream
24-06-2008, 09:15 PM
still popped up out the back with no hooks attatched an i had to watch it swim back home....:'( thats fishin!!!

JayT-no guts no glory. jump over and get the thing;D .

Did it once for a punter with no more than a grunt as a thanks. ::) .

Only food with tails hey. Not worth getting chomped by the lads.

Cheers Scott

work2fish
24-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Nice effort a few feeds there

going out wide thurs night hopefully myself

would love a couple like that

W2F

revs57
25-06-2008, 06:50 AM
hmmmmmm snapppppeeeerrrrrr.....god to see some of those humpty headed knobbies again - nearly forgot what they looked like.

Looks like they are finally returning from the deep with the colder water

Thanks for the heads up

Cheers

Rhys

JayT
25-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Howdy,

Gav, been getting most off them just off the bottom using a 9ball/3gang rig/pillies with the odd one taken on the floaters around the slack tide.

Hey scott thats funny, didnt jump out the boat when I lost my $400 livefibre/BTR combo to the deep an I aint jumping out for a knobby, besides it makes the trip more exciting next time knowing he is still out there:)

W2fish it you get out there mate they are there, should be a ripper season!!

Hey Rhys, look forward to seeing a report mate, would like to see the mighty riptide out there smashing them;)

Hopefully a good post fri to come:P
Cheers Thorpy

indy
25-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Nice snapps Jat t we fished wide caloundra last friday arvo into the night and only pulled three pearlies so we left and headed back into the twelve mile where we got our bag of squire up to three kilo and a few moses perch.

Do you find that wide caloundra shuts down at night?

I have fished it for many years now and have rarely caught fish at night there.

Good luck on thurs night will look forward to your report

cheers pete...

cobiaman
25-06-2008, 07:20 PM
nice fish mate

Voda
26-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Thorpy,Somenice fish there mate,hope you left some for all us guys heading out thurs/friday night lol

BigE
26-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Nice snaps jas. hows the savage going. You still crying about that baitrunner going over the side (harden up mate). thinkin of a run next week im still recovering from the hookup. I nailed some NICE reds in gladsone this year. we need to do a run together sometime soon. Keep in touch.

Regards
BigE

JayT
28-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey BigE,
Headin out tommorrow o/night, maybe 2, weather looks the goods with better tides leading up to the moon.
Hit it again thurs night 12mile, very quiet got a feed but no real knobs.
Keen to hook up whenever, let me know.
Ha the btr, yeah still shed the odd tear over that one!
Catcha Thorpy

BigE
28-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking of heading out thur or fri next week im off fri -mon. might take the girls for a day run on the sat (whale watching) will keepin touch

BigE

BigE
28-06-2008, 06:23 PM
;d ;d Hookup Haul;d ;d