PDA

View Full Version : Cairns fishing buddy?

Walker
24-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi All.

If anyone needs a fishing buddy, please let me know. I have a 4wd but unfortunately don't own my own boat YET! I do shift work so I have plenty of time off over the weekends and through the week.

I'd like to get out on a boat if anyone would like to offer otherwise I'm keen to learn about a few spots around the Cairns area as I've been only recently getting out and about to the more popular spots.

I'm keen on learning a bit about the rock fishing and more about these soft plastics and the places to use lures etc... I catch all my bait with the cast net. If you know a bit about this stuff too, let me know. I am fishing landbased (obviously) at the moment around Cairns which is starting to suck a bit... and get my fill out on the reef when visiting family in Ingham...

Let me know guys!

Cheers,
Paul

Barraboss
24-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Paul,

If I go off the rocks I will give ya a yell. I have not had a lot of success, mainly rat barra and a few cod etc but still like it as it'sa change, plus it's close by.

Cheers
Matt

Walker
24-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks Matt! sounds good... If its late notice for when you're thinking of heading out just give me a bell here anyway, see if you get me.

Paul