PDA

View Full Version : Correct Dates Iluka / Woody heads 30th - 6th July

Chong
24-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi All,
going down Iluka for the first week school holidays;D , know there might be a few Ausfishers down there so thought i put up a post, might be able to catch up with a few. I know Horse will be there.;)
Weather depending will be fishing from Woody on the close reefs or up to black rock, river, walls, day night. reports from local are good bream and big jewies at the moment plus snapper out side so hopefully can get among them.::)
So if you are going to be around send us a post and i will pm contact details.
Cheers,
Chong

coucho
24-06-2008, 02:29 PM
HI Chong,
I will be down for that week and the next one mate, be stayin near the anchourage caravan park. Send me a PM I will be keen to hook up for a fish and possibly a beverage or two for sure.
;)

Chong
24-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Coucho,
cool, thats 3 af members, might have a mini m&g. Will send pm with contact details.
Cheers
Chong

Lucky_Phill
24-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Depends on what school holidays ya mean, Matt. That'd be the second week of the Qld school holidays.....

qld hols from 28 June to 13 July. ;D :P

have fun............Phill

Chong
24-06-2008, 09:26 PM
mmm, think its the fisrt week LP (check post title):-[ (now correct):-[ , just means im not going till monday...and QLD hol;)
any way here a pic or two from earlier this year.
me and the kids at back beach after the storms, the swells riped the guts out of the beach, some good rock ledges exposed and a nice bream out the front of iluka on the wall, river side at sun down. Hope to produce afew more...
cheers

rob tranter
24-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Bloody Queenslanders comen down here to reap the benefits of an unspoiled coast line;D

May be able to come down for a cooeee, seeing as it's only down the river a bit.
Maybe a pre Agnes warm up?;)

NSW School Hol's are 4th july to 22nd

Will keep in touch

Rob T8-)

Chong
24-06-2008, 10:34 PM
sounds good Rob,
and we can celebrate our State of O win :) :) while down there

its all good mate...all good

Chong
25-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Looking good so far8-)

coucho
25-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Chong you sure you got your dates right mate are you headin down next week as in this Monday comin?

rob tranter
25-06-2008, 09:37 AM
sounds good Rob,
and we can celebrate our State of O win :) :) while down there

its all good mate...all good

Chong maaate
I haven't heard the fat lady singing yet:P , and you know it's not over until then:P , so don't get to far infront of yourself;D

Nice weather patern, hope it holds

and your right, it's all good

Rob T8-)

Chong
25-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Man i am a D&$* H, yep got dates all screwed up, looking at wrong info with rum googles on, dumb ass i am:-[ :-[ :-[

Correct mission dates as follows : Down Monday the 30th June - 6th July::) ::)

Sorry LP, as always you are a god and correct - i am small brain fisho and was all confused - sorry for any mix up.
Apologies

rob tranter
25-06-2008, 10:10 AM
It's Know small wonder you can't win a COOK OFF Queensland School hols are always a week ear;ier than ours
ARe you doing any cooking while down here?maybe some practise?:D

Chong can you pm me where your staying or contact details
Cheers

Rob T8-)

Chong
25-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I knew you get in first RT:P yes i will be doing a lot of cooking, not cause i need practice but people insist, its that good;) would you like to come over and have a feed of some real food::) .

What r your plans for game?, want to come down to Iluka and watch pain be inflicted on the Blues:o

Cheers

coucho
25-06-2008, 10:29 AM
mate
get ya game together lol
well might be down for the weekend after next but nah be workin next week mate you could always take an extra week.

murf
25-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Gday Chong

I might also chuck the boat on and come up for a couple of nights:)

where are you staying? PM me

and what is for dinner? you were unfairly beaten in the Agnes cook off, I thought your dish won hands down haha;D

I will prob just throw the swag in the boat and come up with out the family as it is skool time

cheers Murf

Chong
25-06-2008, 10:34 AM
could be on the cards....see how we go, sorry about the stuff up:(

rob tranter
25-06-2008, 01:02 PM
At this stage I'll be watching the game at my local, and I'll still be surrounded by cain/cane toads b@st@rds come down here with their Kiwi mates and take all the jobs;D

Not thaat I want to work;)

Murf let me know when your thinking of going and I'll see if I can make it at the same time, while your at it can you pm me your contact details I think I've got the wrong ones.

Cheers guy's

Rob T8-)

Horse
25-06-2008, 07:00 PM
This is looking good:) . I will be at Woody Head 30/6/08 - 6/7/08. I will be in the company of two other AFers. This could be bigger than Ben Hur;D. Maybe a cook up together or just a fish and a few bevies

Just 5 more sleeps;D

Cheers

Neil

murf
25-06-2008, 09:18 PM
This is looking good:) . I will be at Woody Head 30/6/08 - 6/7/08. I will be in the company of two other AFers. This could be bigger than Ben Hur;D. Maybe a cook up together or just a fish and a few bevies

Just 5 more sleeps;D

Cheers

Neil

are you guys actually camping at Woody Head?

just looking for the best place to park the swag:)

Cheers Murf

Chong
25-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Gents,
i will be staying in Iluka, have some family in town, up for get together any place, woody, pub, river...Murf, if you cant get a spot in woody your welcome to crash in the garage, i would offer a bed but we r full.
Might have an event for the State of o, maybe at home or at the pub, should be a great trip.
just got a report today, local fisher, 2x 6kg snapper plus 5 x2-3kg models out he front of woody8-) most probably on the peak grounds. So monday tuesady i will be out;D 4 sure.

Neil,
couple round the fire at woody sounds great, if the tides are right show you a little thing i found at night on the rocks, lots fun, good fish:-X plus more...

Murf,
i'll pm contact details.

Cheers,
Matt

Horse
26-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Maybe SOS night at the pub could be on the cards. Safety in numbers;D

Chong
26-06-2008, 09:56 AM
sounds good horse, so in town for that week so far:
Chong and the Chongetts
Horse + team (2 other groups AF)
Murf going solo

following week
Coucho and team

Anyone else??

I can see a few drinks at Woody happening????
This will be a bit of fun
Cheers,
Chong

PS: Cheech are sure you cant come down for a day or two???

murf
26-06-2008, 10:27 AM
okay Rob T and others I will be going straight to the Woody ramp early Mon morn and getting some of this great weather before it blows up later in the week

will prob swag it at woody for a few nights and pulling up a chair where ever there is a story being told:P ;D Chong I know your good at this so I will be listening intently to learn all your secrets:)

your welcome to jump in the boat Rob as I will be all by my lonesome

now just have to get a bank loan to buy a tank of diesel to get there:(:o

Cheers Murf

rando
26-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Guys
The missus and kids and I will be at Riverside Caravan Park and we will be staying for 2 weeks from the 28th.
I'll have the boat down as well, and I would love to get together for fish, footy,foolishness, and beer.;D;D
PM me for contact details or just ask where we are at the Park office.8-)
rando

4.5 Clark CC
call sign M V Mullet
RU453Q

murf
26-06-2008, 10:26 PM
be great to catch up again Rando :) see ya Monday

rob tranter
26-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Cheers Murf, thanks for the invite, I haven't put it to the hugs and kisses yet, but i'm sure I'll be able to get there, probably Tuesday wednesday for me, (I might have to work Monday night):'(

Anyway I will see what happens, make sure you take your mobile and have it on.

Rob T8-)

murf
27-06-2008, 08:18 AM
make sure you take your mobile and have it on.
Rob T8-)
haha so you know me then:)

murf
27-06-2008, 11:53 AM
just looked at seabreeze again and I am amazed at how often and quick it changes

it will be a suck it and see week but it does look good

if no go out to sea there are plenty of bream to chase in the river;) will have to dust off the old flippin stick

cheers Murf

rob tranter
28-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Righto

It's 2am Saturday, I have just got home from working at the pub, sipping on an ok Morris tawny port,(have already consumd the green ginger winter warmer).

Whats this got to do with anything?

Right then, permission has been granted for me to attend Tuesday/Wednesday, so I'll see you lot there.

Rob T8-)

Chong
28-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Well done rob and Rando's in too. Might have a meet up Tuesday am with everyone. If the weathers good might meet at woody ramp about 6ish Tuesady morning??
I have evetones number so i call all when i hit town and see what everyones upto.
Cheers,
Chong

murf
29-06-2008, 12:37 PM
does anyone have any hints on where to fish deep sea off Woody Head? I have no idea on where to start. I did fish it in a mates boat some 18 years ago and we went to black rocks north of Woody?

thanks folks

catch you up there

cheers Murf

murf
30-06-2008, 05:58 AM
thanks for the marks and tips Wayne:) I owe you one

see you all up there I am off

cheers Murf

rob tranter
01-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Sorry guy's, can't/couldn't make it:'(

work has stuck it's head up

Have a good time

Rob T8-)

Lucky_Phill
01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
No worries Matt..... ;D ;D ;D

have fun down there.

As for your penance, you will provide me forthwith 1 can of Scotch and Coke ( pre-mix ) at said Agnes Water / 1770 on Saturday Night 11th October in the year of 2008. This said S & C will be emparted unto thy right hand at such a time when thy palate becomes drought stricken........ ;)

Phill

murf
03-07-2008, 08:28 PM
rob where were you last night? I needed support down the Iluka pub. I think I was the only one there going for NSW except for one of the bar girls:-[

It was so bad that I got up at 6.30am and slipped out of town while they were all still a sleep:P

sorry I didn't get to say good buy folks and Rando that we didn't get to have a fish but my neck was giving me heaps so I pulled the pin while I was still on my feet, I crashed for a few hours once home and feel a little better now but it will take a few days to recover fully:(

Horse and company thanks for your hospitality and letting me join your family group, was a top day out on the water Neil but a shame that we didn't get more fish, I hope you enjoyed the ride:)

and thanks also to Chong and Family for also putting up with me camping in your back yard:)
We will have to set up a Moonshine Rum contest up at Agnes Water this year;D

I still can't get over how many realy nice people that I meet from Ausfish

see ya's at Agnes Water

cheers Murf

rob tranter
03-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Murf I was Stoutly supporting the Cochroaches at my local, it was a good game, even if the result went the wrong way:'( .

Sounds like you had a good time at Iluka, sorry I couldn't get there, but the tealeafs broke inot the pub>:( and I was required to hang around.

Sorry I missed out on catching up and meeting new bodies but thats the way it goes:-/

Rob T8-)

Horse
07-07-2008, 08:27 AM
I had a ball down there:) . It was great to catch up with a few more AFers. I did not fish much as the weather turned bad for most of the stay but it was good to grab a deckie spot with Murf early on and check out the area just off Woody;D Heads. Murf, you were a welcome addition to the group and had us all planning our moonshine and biodiesel plants;D . Murf is certainly a deft hand at playing those mighty Red Rock Cod to the boat;D. I lost a couple of good fish to broken leaders. They were not Snapper and felt like LTs

I only caught up with Rando on SOG night at the pub and Chong brought Cheech through for a quick visit but our planned Jew onslought fell through to a combination of bad weather and too much XXXX:-X

Its a great place for a M&G with plenty of options available

Cheers

Neil

Chong
10-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Well been a bit manic type since back to northern base::) , so thanks to all we meet down in Iluka was great to say hi and have a couple of drinks;) . Weather did put a halt on some plans for the last few days, but there is always next time. Fishing was ok, got a few squire/snapper out from woody, thousand red cod, make a great mornay, good flat head, best bream was 39.5cm ;D and some good other fish in the river. Over all good trip, got the chores done at Dags place, had a fish, great football game, good food, good people its all good really, till next time.
Cheers,
Chong