24-06-2008, 10:35 AM
planning a trip either thurs/fri afternoon looks more likely like thurs
narrowneck or seaworld
for some tailor if they there
anyone care to join

Braddles
26-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Hi Shabs;

Do you mean off the beach on surf side of S/world or behind in the hole on broad water side?

Regards,

Brad.

shabs.
26-06-2008, 07:06 AM
at the surf off the beach
but have decided going to narrowneck

Young Gun
26-06-2008, 12:09 PM
i hit up seaworld gutter on monday night just gone, but by dark the low gutter was too far out and a top of the tide gutter there just waiting to be filled, so it was out of the question. from today will be the best bet. cant wait

Ryan

Braddles
26-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I fished in front of first ave on boarder of broady / surfers the other day..... Good gutter there on the high, swam over it in the early high of the day, from shore, dropped to 3 meters plus, then back up to a sand bar where the waves were breaking about 70m from shore. At night went back to the gutter, but the sweep to burleigh heads seen my bait up on the beach 50m from me in less than 3 mins, no matter what sized sinker I used :-(

If the gutter still persists when sweep buggers off - might be worth a go.

shano
26-06-2008, 09:30 PM
has the beaches sorted them selves out yet? dont see, like much tailor being caught! have been 5 times in the last month and a half for no tailor! beaches too shallow from erosion! was thinking of haveing a throw this weekend!! either behind seaworld car park or narrow neck!

shabs.
27-06-2008, 07:14 AM
water was too shallow at narrowneck last night
not one single bite
two guys next to us caught just the one tailor each
and a dart

shano
28-06-2008, 01:32 PM
just about to leave for a throw! high tide after 4! see you all down there!

bondy99
28-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I was on the sand pumping jetty on Wednesday night . got there at 6.00pm and heaps of people on the jetty, Ho Chi Men City I thought with other nationalities and a few aussies amongst the crowd. $3.80 to fish. I heard 5.30pm there was heaps of tailor caught, managed to get 15 on Wednesday night about 9.25 to 10.30. I run out of bait, but had my fair share, some for me and a two others.

Friday night I was there again from 4.20pm to 2.30am Saturday morning. Got 13 choppers , they came through in patches during the tide changes. I managed to have a chat with one of the South Koreans, he showed me the rigs they use. all hand made and 6 hooks in size combinations. The ingineous of this rig is that no matter how big the pilchard is, all six hooks are spread equally. I tried one, and yep it works more efficiently than the standard 4/0 4 gang hooks.

Would like to get some nice sea bream next time , they were catching a few on the making tide, somewhere between 12.00am to 2.00am.

Happy fishing everyone. Peter