PDA

View Full Version : AllyCraft 445 Shadow Pro

gaz066
23-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Gents, can anyone provide some feedback on this model of boat.

A good mate of mine ( non Ausfish member , see computer iliterate ) is considering purchasing one very soon.

He will be using it for estuary waters , close bay island work ( mud , green etc ) and the odd freshie trip , do they go OK in the bay slop ?? Are they a 'wet' boat ? Any comments good or bad most welcome

thanks

axelsnappa
23-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Gday Gaz066,
Not sure if this will help, but we purchased a ally reef raider, centre console 18 months ago. Could not be happier, have used it throughout moreton bay, offshore , and towed it to 1770, where it performed wonderfully. Provided you drive with a bit of care, given its not plate, you will have no worries.

axel

rollie
23-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi i have a Brooker 410 safari and could not be happier with it, bay work fine and took it out to the 12's on saturday it was just fine, but i do have to say nothing like the old 542F Haines signature.

Rollie

Awesome
23-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Gaz. I've got the Allycraft 445 Sioux, the open dingy type.
I am very happy with it. I go offshore mooloolaba to the shallow reefs mostly & only time I get wet is on a side chop or if its raining.
Anything over 15 knots & you have to slow down a tad as it gets a bit rough for the people up the front though ..
Hope this helps ya out.