PDA

View Full Version : fuse for starter

Kendall249
22-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I was looking to get a spare fuse for the starter motor on a '91 johnson 150. On the fuse I removed it reads - BUSS AGA20 and on the other side reads 32 VOLT.

Is this a 20amp fuse?

Why does it say 32 volt?

If it is 20amp, can I use any 20amp fuse or should I go to the johnson dealer?

Cheers

Kendall

Spaniard_King
22-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Kendall. I think you will find it's a real short fuse.. about 12mm long. Might be hard to find anywhere other than a dealer.. but if your ever going past the Palm Beach area of the Gold Coast your welcome to a couple :)

Roughasguts
22-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Apparently Amps are Amps regardless off volts, but I would only use that fuse up to 32 volts not 240 volt. 12 volt should be fine just make sure it's a brand name fuse some of the cheapies will not burn out and cause a bigger wiring problem.

But i'm no expert on electronics infact quite feeble on the subject.

If the size is hard to find, go to Dick Smith and get them in ceramic they have a huge range of quality fuses.

Kendall249
22-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Kendall. I think you will find it's a real short fuse.. about 12mm long. Might be hard to find anywhere other than a dealer.. but if your ever going past the Palm Beach area of the Gold Coast your welcome to a couple :)

Hi Garry

Thats them, 12mm long, all i could find were 10amp ones. So I'll head over to the dealer tomorrow. I'm up Townsville so I won't be in the area anytime soon, thanks for the offer though.

Cheers

Kendall

nutgunaspu
23-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Ho Kendall,

I blew the same fuse on my 140 Johhno a few weeks ago, and looked high and low for a replacement, but ended going to a Johnson dealer. Cost about $2 bucks each.