PDA

View Full Version : Goldy Sat arvo

Harley000
22-06-2008, 06:05 AM
This is my first post guys, so here goes.

When I woke on Saturday I noticed that there was only a breath of wind, and that the Waverider bouys were showing no swell. After a bit of sweet talking my wife agreed to accompany me for an evening session, you beauty!

Out the seaway, first stop for livies. The wife filled the tank, and had a ball doing so. At least she has caught something. . . .

Dropped the pick at my mark, the sounder lit up. Drop my first piece of burley and three remora's came to the boat. These fish have been in plauge preportions and do no let you get a bait down. I wasted no time, I moved to another spot.

In no time I had a 3 kilo snappery squire in the boat and thought it was going to be a great evening, a few trag jew were caught and then two mac tuna (fresh bait). All went quiet just after dark and then an hour later it all went crazy but with the wrong species...more trag, heaps of tailor and then finally, the remoras found us again. My burley worked too well. So we called it a night.

Beautiful evening on the water, with a snapper for dinner this week.

Sorry guys, nothing worth taking a photo of.

Cheers,

Harley.

aussiefool
22-06-2008, 07:43 AM
sounds as if you had a great night out on the water with the Mrs well done to the both of you

BAR UP
22-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey Harley000, great first post but you could have at least shown us a pick of your missus jigging the bait???, Peter.

TimiBoy
22-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Not worth a photo? Crap! My best Snapper (squire, OK) is about 3Kg. I'd be grinnin'! Of course there are those who think 3Kg is so passe, I hope to be one of you soon...

Cheers,

Tim

tailorboi99
22-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Hehehe, personal bait jigger :D

Cheers Tom

Harley000
22-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Timi Boy,

Ha ha did not mean to sound snobby, it was landed so soon after we anchored we did not take a photo cause we thought there would be much more to come!!

And after all of YOUR success, my noggin with a lonesome squire would be lonely!

Harley

Tassie JR
22-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Nice work mate, we went out on sat arvy and stayed out to about 9.00 pm got a small feed wishing we went wider but weather was blowing a gail sat arvy and it was forecasted to be blowy but it calmed right down sat night ended up being a good night in the end.

cheers tassie JR

skipalong
23-06-2008, 03:46 PM
better than some

tailorboi99
26-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh, and welcome to the site mate :D

Cheers Tom

backlash08
26-06-2008, 11:15 AM
welcome to the site Harley & thanks for the post
cheers - Craig

Angla
26-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the site. We look forward to many more posts

You could probably put up a picture of the livies and we would all be pleased.

Good to see you get a feed as a reward for the effort.

Chris