PDA

View Full Version : Bag Out Off The Goldie !

rakinray
21-06-2008, 10:19 AM
G/ day all decided to get in before the wind stuffed up another week-end so me and Dan (Seamist) put his Mustang on and got to the Seaworld ramp at 2.30,tried the bait ground for ages for little reward so headed to our marks. We had gone about half way (in almost perfect conditions ) when the sounder lights up so we drop the bait jigs in and start pullin in huge slimies,yakkas,and some of the biggest and bluest (is that a word) pillies that ive ever seen. we load the tank with them and punch it into the gps for safe keeping and head out. Finally arriving a little late (around 4.30), well for the next hour all hell broke loose with 1-3 kilo squirey snapps hitting the bin and some of those un-stoppables that one day we might pull up ! As the storms passed by so did the fish and it went dead so with our bag in the box we headed for home, a little bumpy with the breeze picking up saw us back at the ramp around 7.30. Forgot my camera but Dan took some with his which he will post later, seems the Snapps are out here boys ! Took a couple of shots of the few fish i kept for my mates. Always nice when a plan comes together to beat the windy week-end syndrome !

CHEERS RAY ;D

Sharkie
21-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Nice catch mate, good to see someone else had a day like us on friday :)

We had no problems geting live bait from the bait grounds, and we also picked up a hell of a lot of yakkas at the artificial reef once the tailor went off the bite.

Well done mate

Cheers
Paul

rakinray
21-06-2008, 03:02 PM
A couple more pics (thanks Dan) really tough conditions,storm coming, some of the rewards. Hey Paul good to see you got stuck into them too, they look the same as our catch about 40 to 45 cm with the odd better fish (your report) hope they stay around this thick !

CHEERS RAY ;D

webby
21-06-2008, 03:33 PM
To think i fished the bay, instead of coming with you blokes, but i can only take so many sickies, next time we'll try and stop the rig busters ????? couldnt be any worse then the cobes we got that day in the same area. ?????
regards

gawby
21-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Ray,

We were out there last night and were starting to go good
and then the storm came past and that was that.
We came back from the 36rs just up on the plane and had a
pretty good ride.
I think we would have done really well other than for the storm.
Good catch mate.

Graeme;)

Az
23-06-2008, 04:10 PM
healthy looking specimens!!!!

Nice fishing!

ddobson
23-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Good feed there and healthy to.

preso
24-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Great little session there Ray. At that size they are great on the plate.;D