PDA

View Full Version : Yam F250, purchases during 2008

gofishin
21-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi all,
Interested in comments from those who have purchased or taken delivery of a Yam F250 during 2008, in particular; when did you order it, when did you take delivery, and what model year engine did you get?

Generally, outboard manufacturers release/supply the next years models from about Sept/Oct the previous year. Obviously this depends on the current stock level that the importer/distributor has etc, and for this hp (from any brand) it would probably be one of the lower volume/turnaround units.

For a new rig that is being delivered August/September 2008 I am being told that the motor might be a 2007 model, and that I might have to pay a premium for a 2008 model!!! To me this is ludicrous, especially when I have been told (from another source) that there are currently no F250’s available in Oz for a few weeks until the next shipment comes in. Something smells really fishy, but before I really fire up I thought it best to do some groundwork first…
cheers

honda900
21-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Go fishin,

give Steve a call at marine tune, he will tell you straight. http://www.marinetune.com/

Regards
Honda

tin can marlin
21-06-2008, 09:12 PM
i would not go near marine tune a freind of mine got a boat there last year and the trailer was undersized and did not have brakes and it was a 5m boat. His story to my freind was it was a cheap boat you should be happy to do it yourself. So he would be the last yamaha dealer i would be ringing. I would ring stones i think they are the most professianal dealer imo around.