PDA

View Full Version : Supporting motor

Mad-One
21-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Just wondering how I go about suppoting my motor while travelling. My trailer has no way of putting one of those motor support brackets on it so wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Don't like the idea of just using the little stop that is on the motor. Thanks in advance Mad

Kleyny
21-06-2008, 07:45 AM
theres a thread about supporting a outboard from jonney roger has some good ideas in it.

It about 4-5 pages in

i would add the link but i can't seem to work out how

neil

Outsider1
21-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Here is the link;

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=132527

Cheers

Dave

station-rat
21-06-2008, 09:48 AM
I made up a bar that slides in the trailer tube both sides and welded the support bracket in the middle. Slide it in when needed, and attach the support rod,and slide out when you want to launch

dnej
21-06-2008, 09:50 AM
G,day.
Here is what I did.It makes the motor support part of the boat,not part of the trailer.
I would make up an aluminium mounting bracket,and fix the support mount shown in the attachment,to that,before fixing to the boat.

The same way you would fix a sounder.

Works well.
David

Mad-One
21-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I made up a bar that slides in the trailer tube both sides and welded the support bracket in the middle. Slide it in when needed, and attach the support rod,and slide out when you want to launch

After doing some long hard looking and thinking(yeah i know thats dangerous;D ) that is what I have dicided to do

Cheers and Thanks Mad

Mad-One
21-06-2008, 10:46 AM
G,day.
Here is what I did.It makes the motor support part of the boat,not part of the trailer.
I would make up an aluminium mounting bracket,and fix the support mount shown in the attachment,to that,before fixing to the boat.

Works well.
David

Thats the idea I seen the other day and wish I had thought of that before the boat was built. Don't really want to go welding things on there now

Cheers and Thanks Mad

dnej
21-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Mad,
You dont have to weld anything on,if you make up a mounting block,with the support mount welded to that,then simply screw the mount in place.
David

ronnien
21-06-2008, 11:15 AM
G,day.

Works well.
David

plain, pratical & a bloody good idea!

ron.