PDA

View Full Version : Banks thurs evening.

wadeo
20-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Gday all.
After scoring a early mark from work yesterday it was hard to resist the urge to do an arvo evening bash on the banks. After rounding up a crew of 3 we set sail for the banks about 230pm. With glassed out conditions it made for a quick trip out to first spot x in 90m of water chasing pearlies and snapper. First couple of drifts saw some average size pearly's flopping on the deck and the odd pig fish. Towards the end of our fourth drift a few quality snapper began to come aboard as well as a 6 ft shark which took care of 4 fish being wound up. By now the sun had set and we decided to move into a spot i hadnt tried for a long time and we set the anchor and began to berley. With myself and the boys deploying floaters and bottom bashers it was time for a cold beer and the waiting game. Wasnt long before mick and jake were onto good moses pearch and snapper. I was fishing with my usual 2 floaters and a bottom basher. My floaters kept me buisy with a steady arae of snapper but it wasn't long before i got in my usual predicament of having all my rods loaded up at the same time. Jake who is new to offshore fishing being 17 and only his second trip to the banks was called over to help me get a couple of these fish in. passing him my bottom basher which was loaded up with something pretty big. After a few grunts and moans jake lands a 66cm 5kg red emporer. Well done second trip ever and straight to the reds club. (beginners luck i rekon )he he. anchored with and had a chat with outsiderskip for an hour then headed for home about 1030pm. All in all we had a ball. pics will follow.
regards wadeo

DEANO68
20-06-2008, 08:11 PM
good stuff wadeo, red is a top lookin fish,was a good day out there, flat as..

MEGA'bite
20-06-2008, 08:35 PM
welldone boys good to see you got a few

Dean1
21-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Nice work buddy, the young fella has been spoilt he probably doesnt realize how cut you would have been passing him the wrong rod!!! ;D ;D Mate the reds are obviously around there your persistence will pay off, but as you said on the phone yesterday go chasing snapper and you will have more luck ;D We got a few knobs around 4kg out there yesterday and a good mixed bag, but my floater didnt get touched once :-/ My mates got nailed 3 times right beside mine. I need some more of your coaching. Story of my life I lost 2 stonkers but thats fishing. Glassy conditions all day and for the run home made a pleasant trip, the platey I went in went well but I'll stick to my kc mate. Talk soon ill give you a bell, take it easy, Deano.

Vitamin Sea
21-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice fish Wadeo, especially the red one.

Will have to catch up out there this season.

Cheers

Bill

-spiro-
21-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Well done Wade nice esky of fish......tried to ring you the other day on mobile....

wadeo
21-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Gday spiro how are ya mate. thought i might have seen you out there on thurs too. Mobile has been playing up since i got back from fraser hope to catch up soon.
regards wadeo

Cobia Kid
21-06-2008, 02:32 PM
surely that red is bigger than 5kg, did u weigh him??

wadeo
21-06-2008, 02:48 PM
gday cobia kid yes he was weighed at a little over 5 but not by much.
regards wadeo

aerordauto
21-06-2008, 03:29 PM
gday wade good to see u had a good trip and some nice fish to go with it.
it is good to see a legal red caught down our way.
hopefully we start seeing a few more.
the esky looks good.
cheers mark

Rosco4x4
21-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Well done boys. Awsome effort.

mirage
21-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Good haul Wadeo. Nice red. I've caught heaps of em in the Exmouth Gulf in WA but still never a legal one out of Mooloolaba. From your photos you did better than us that night.
Cheers, Scotty.

outsiderskip
21-06-2008, 06:39 PM
hi wdeo
nice chatting was about time we met
nice to see a red in the box

cheers pete

hookinin
21-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Good stuff Wadeo looks like a great day had by all and a bit of red in the esky always looks good in the pictures.
Gaven

Rosco4x4
22-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Rules are rules Macca.....

skipalong
22-06-2008, 12:04 PM
nice bag of fish for your efforts

seapup
24-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Nice work Wadeo.
Cheers,
Benny.