PDA

View Full Version : Extreme kayaks

Benny1
20-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has used or tried the Bandit or Fish Bandit, made by Extreme Kayaks, looking to check them out soon. Mainly looking at fishing the shallow reefs around Redcliffe. Any advise would be great, to this or any other brand.

Gigantor
20-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Benny,

There's a few guys with these that visit the AKFF site (www.akff.net (http://www.akff.net)). Therwe was an actual Poll done recently on what type of yak you use, which will also give you an idea of what brands are most used.

Pete

Benny1
20-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Pete, thanks for the info. Will check it out.

bobbyb
20-06-2008, 01:05 PM
hey benny, got your sh,t together i see. good1

checked out that kayak web site and they look pretty good.

heaps of options to set them up how you like.

dont look to have much free board;D . butt then they are kayaks i suppose.

what about the old bic (snaper magnets);D take it easy, talk to later gota

finish painting:'( . cheers rob...........

Gigantor
23-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Benny1,

There are so many options out there it's amazing. Go to the newsagent and buy the latest edition of Sports Fishing mag that has the YakFisher in it. It has a good overview of all fishing kayaks available on the Australian market.

First comment is to go with a sit-on-top kayak for fishing.

Second comment is to go around to the various kayak retailers and do a few demo paddles (most kayak retailers will happily let you try their demo yaks).

Third comment ... checkout Trading Post Online for second hand kayaks. I've got 2 via this and both were in excellent condition at very good prices. Also see what second hand kayaks the major retailers have available as well. Second hand is a good way to get started. Then you can start looking for a new yak.

There are 3 brands I regularly see out on the water...Hobie (Sports, Outback, Revolution, and Adventure), Viking (Espri & Tempos) and Ocean Kayaks (Prowler 13).

Good luck,

Pete

Benny1
23-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks Pete,

A two seater will be on the cards. Used mainly for fishing the bay but also to take mum or the little falla for a paddle. As for the price of a yak, the price of a smile on the little falla after catching a fish is priceless.

udlman
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has used or tried the Bandit or Fish Bandit, made by Extreme Kayaks, looking to check them out soon. Mainly looking at fishing the shallow reefs around Redcliffe. Any advise would be great, to this or any other brand.

The Fish bandit looks pretty good, I have just finished installing a new moulder for their new 4.1m Kayak. It looks really good, has plenty of storage, a postition for transducer, heaps of extra's that can be added as well.

Brad.

StevenM
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
The Fish bandit looks pretty good, I have just finished installing a new moulder for their new 4.1m Kayak. It looks really good, has plenty of storage, a postition for transducer, heaps of extra's that can be added as well.

Brad.

4.1 meter....ooooo:)

TimiBoy
10-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Has anyone tried a Kaskazi? Sure looks like a nice fishing rig.

http://www.kaskazi.com.au/Pictures/Noosa028.jpg

Cheers,

Tim

LostNearBribie
19-08-2008, 08:17 AM
I was at Exteme Kayaks the other day and they had the new 4m all rigged up.
Looked fantastic. Good blokes to deal with and very helpfull.
Prices seemed really good also.
Worth a look mate.

bill007
21-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I have seen the Fish Bandit in the water, looked good all rigged up. I fish from a Switchsports Wingman kayak it also has plenty of features, and it supports a 3.3 mercury outboard.