PDA

View Full Version : Best v-nose punt

jezz11
18-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi all,

What in your opinion is the the best v-nose punt for the money?? Im considering:-

Mako Craft Estuary tracker tournoment
Quintrex hornet trophy
Stacer proline or bass elite
Sea Jay Nomad Discovery

What are your thoughts?????

Jerry

NAGG
18-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

What in your opinion is the the best v-nose punt for the money?? Im considering:-

Mako Craft Estuary tracker tournoment
Quintrex hornet trophy
Stacer proline or bass elite
Sea Jay Nomad Discovery

What are your thoughts?????

Jerry

HORNET 1st ( but the most expensive) followed by Mako

Nagg

luckyone
19-06-2008, 03:16 AM
try the horizons good solid boats

bushbeachboy
19-06-2008, 07:17 AM
None of the above. Polycraft wins IMO. No corrosion - ever. No worries about dropping a hook or sinker in it, quieter than alloy on the water. Yes, I love my poly.

Having said that, you'd be happy with any of your choices listed above.

Of equal importance is your choice of motor. If you are going the tiller steer route, you will really enjoy your boating a lot more if you get one with electric start and power trim/tilt. I can tell you that from experience - I've now got one and it is light-years ahead of the all manual jobs I've had before. They were all good motors, reliable etc, but the sheer convenience of the all electric setup will blow you away.

MeePee_99
19-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Hornet trophy!!!!!!! (but as Nagg says they are the most expensive)

Noelm
19-06-2008, 08:39 AM
this is almost impossible to answer, the one that has the Features YOU want at a price that suits you is the best (I reckon).

Reel Nauti
19-06-2008, 09:03 AM
I have a 4.4 Savage Jabiru. Excellent boat.

Dave

BrenMac
20-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Jezz, I have a Stacer Bass Sports which I really like. Nice and stable, floats in real skinny water and although I only have a 15HP 2 stroke on it, still gets up and boogies with 2 on board. A 25 or 30 would be magic on it!

Don't know how it compares to the other boats you listed as I have never been in them, but the Bass Elite Has some extras over my boat which could only make it even better, although a little heavier.

Cheers
Brendan

BREAMBOSS01
20-06-2008, 08:02 AM
:D i have a 3.1 manta craft with a 3.3 mercury you get a bit wet with a small motor but hoping its better with a 8hp and wont get wet