PDA

View Full Version : SP Sessions Back On

Smithy
18-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Found them again today with a group of concretors aboard, not that I had been chasing them with the Mahi Mahi being so reliable. In close was the only option with the winds we experienced. They finally got the forecast right worse luck for us after two days of light winds on ordinary forecasts.

Went one direction first up and was looking like a bust trip with only the Blue Maori in the box so went 180degrees and came up trumps. They bit all day on the softies as we only got there about 9:00 with one of the 67cms coming at 1:00 and a double hookup at 12:00. Lost a few and got busted up once plus heaps of bumps and hits and throwbacks. Will be interesting to see how they fire if I hit them at dawn. We even caught them with Bananas aboard and first drop for Adam after he had just eaten one!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Charters/June%2008/boys1.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Charters/June%2008/catch1.jpg

whiting-wizard
18-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Good on ya mate nice work;D;D

wadeo
18-06-2008, 11:50 AM
well done smithy was very windy up here yesterday. will have to try out the soft plastics some time. looks like we might be in for a few showers over the next few days. with the temp dropping the snaps should start getting thicker. Am thinking of heading out either thurs or friday arv for a bash.

regards wadeo8-)

ffejsmada
18-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Another nice haul Smithy,well done...................

Goes to show that................................ Bananas + Boats = Bullsh!t;D

seapup
18-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Nice work Smithy!

Willo
18-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Well that destroyed the Banana theory LOL;D

supa29
18-06-2008, 06:04 PM
smithy did you say dollys are still here? 10 mile or further out i thought they were gone. nice catch for close in mate. mate caloundra close is going hard at the moment to cheers supa.

skipalong
18-06-2008, 06:17 PM
nice work mate

Tassie JR
18-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Nice work smithy and crew. Glad to see someone got fish with bananas i went on the weekend with bananas one off my mates was in his boat next to me with no bananas he got fish and i didnt. BLOODY BANANAS.

cheers tassie JR

champion
18-06-2008, 08:55 PM
well by the sounds of things , You well and truly blew that theory !!

Im having banana sandwiches next time....

Cheers
Joe

Stuie
18-06-2008, 09:19 PM
The blue moari is a bit of a suprise catch Smithy.

Smithy
19-06-2008, 03:01 AM
2nd legal one from in close now Stu. Quite a few throwbacks as well. Dunno if we have got a legal Brown one on a SP but them and Footballers make up a fair bit of the bycatch from these close reefs. The Browns are loving the livies out a bit wider though. Them and the Sweeties and Gold Spot Estuaries. Yet to hit that good Snapper spot of Tony's this season. There always seems to be boats over there in that vicinty these days for some reason when once upon a time you used to have it to yourself.

Dollys were still there last time I tried for them. Next few trips are all bottom bouncing ones though.

Wade, was waiting for a big report from you about your DI trip. How'd ya go?

wadeo
19-06-2008, 06:47 AM
gday rob we caught about 22 fish nothing to rave about for the effort we put in. heaps of parrot mostly. 3.8kg iodine bream was prob the biggest surprise apart from aj's and red heads. Long tow to and back from rainbow. Are you out on the water today and tomorow?.
regards wadeo

aerordauto
19-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Gday Smithy, I Have A Carton For U And Mate With Chev.
No Dollies On Thursday Or Friday For Us.
2 Cobia,7snapper At Hards.
Will Catch Up Soon.
Cheers Mark