PDA

View Full Version : Cape 15.6.08

Skusto
16-06-2008, 05:45 PM
well after what looked to be a totally wrong forecast on sat we decided that we were goin to hit the cape on sunday hoping that the weather forecast was totally wrong. after a pretty average trip in the bay we got over to moreton at about 8am headed around the cape to see that there forcast was pretty right not as windy as what they said but would of been around 15- 20 knots, as we were out there we decided we would keep goin as we still felt comfortable in the barcrusher and mainly wanted to see if it was goin to cope with the seas for future references, we headed up to shallow tempest for a bit but after an hour or so realised we were just feeding the little fellers and losing to much bait.
that being that we decided we would head out wide and see if anything more productive was out there, after a slow trip we got to our marks as we got there late morning we knew that there was goin to be much biting actions so we waited it out.
was goin to wait till the arvo for the wind to drop for the ride home in the bay. the fish ended up coming on to the bite but we never landed any as we had suspucted and later found out the sharks were eating our fish as soon as we hooked them i ended up having a battle with one for about 15 mins to eventually bend 3 5/o ganged together was quite surprised to see them all bent when i got it up.ended up losing 4 fish to them from that we decided to head to another spot to try it out we ended up getting a few of squire and pig fish from there and ended up calling it quits and coming home. after a crappy trip back around the cape and the most part of the bay it eventually went pretty calm to a nice ride home ended back at cabbage tree creek ramp at about 6. pitty we lost so many fish to the sharks otherwise would of been a productive day out. but u cant win them all hopefully they wont be out there next time we go out. all in all bad day to go out but had to stay out once we were there and still got a little feed. sorry no picks nothing worthy of it.

skipalong
16-06-2008, 07:07 PM
sounds like hard going mate

wags on the water
16-06-2008, 07:50 PM
What did you estimate the swell to be (meters)?

Thanks,
Wags

Skusto
16-06-2008, 08:02 PM
i would say the swell was around 3 metres till late then dropped a little

SgBFish
16-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Thats hard work, typical of the weekend weather lately.

Skusto
17-06-2008, 04:47 PM
yeah it was hard work but was gettin with drawl syptoms from not getting out. plus the boat needed to get out we had filled up 3 weeks prior to that needed to use the fuel in it. good excuse i thought.